Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

ALI DIES

It is very sad he was one of the greatest sportsmen ever.

In my opinion Rocky Marciano was the best.He was never beaten!
I don't really know anything about Rocky Marciano, I was thinking of Ali as being a world wide liked best sportsman.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I remember watching Ali fighting live with his arms dangling by his side and floating round the ring like a butterfly. The commentator was getting really worried saying he was careless and going to be hit but his opponent could not hit him and just tired himself out trying. Then Ali exploded and knocked him out.

I remember watching Ali fighting live with his arms dangling by his side and floating round the ring like a butterfly. The commentator was getting really worried saying he was careless and going to be hit but his opponent could not hit him and just tired himself out trying. Then Ali exploded and knocked him out.
Yes, I can remember that too. Float like a butterfly sting like a bee.

Arguably not only the greatest sportsman of all time but probably the most widely recognised human being on earth. There'll hopefully be a re-run on TV of his most famous fights..... Excellent!!:thumbup:

A sad, sad day indeed. My dad was a big fan and I remember being allowed to stay up late to watch those fights.
Ali transcended sport - probably the first person to do so and arguably the world's first "superstar". And whilst he wasn't perfect, there was so much to admire and be inspired by.

A great man and a great life, shame he was barely recognisable in his later years.

I've just remembered another thing about him, when he was being interviewed by Michael Parkinson and he said "I am the greatest, I've got the fastest punch in the world, d'ya want to see it?" and then didn't move a muscle and then said "D'ya want to see it again?"

"I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in the bedroom and I was in bed before the room was dark"... Always remember that one but there are so many more.

Yep, we'll all remember that Frank. IIRC the second line to butterfly rhyme was "his hands cain't hit what he cain't see".

He was a superstar in his day, and our "generation" can't forget that.

Moreso, his passing is another reminder that we're all on the same conveyor belt to our own passing.

Live life!

I admire him for the fact that he defied the USA Gov over Vietnam and in his own way won :clap:

Last edited:
Back