Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Allow me to introduce myself...

bullfrogslayer

Country Flag
united_states
I was very pleased to find this forum! My name's Sam and I'm an off-road and j-car enthusiast in California. I've got a 1991 Toyota Prado SX-5; 1999 Toyota 4-Runner SR-5 Limited with OME suspension and ARB bull bar w/ winch; 2019 Subaru Forester Sport with King Spring lift, WARN front bumper w/ winch, and steel carriage armor; and a 1987 Suzuki Samurai with OME spring/shock kit. The Prado is my first diesel and I had big plans for her, but unfortunately got into a car accident and am struggling to find replacement parts. Please let me know if you have a lead on finding front end parts for this model, particularly the lower radiator support assembly (part # 5302860020) or even a whole front end. Happy to cover shipping cost from anywhere on the planet if reasonable.
Thanks!
PANO_20190309_111509.jpg

BEFORE
IMG_20190516_112317 (1).jpg

AFTER :coldsweat:

Hey Sam welcome. Sorry to see you having the accident.
Not sure where you can get parts easily in the USA or likely Japan is possible.
Always a good idea to get the part numbers / diagrams and availability including price from Partsouq.

Good luck

Thanks Michael. I used Partsouq, Megazip, and Amayama to obtain most of the needed parts. But I'm still missing the lower radiator support sub-assembly (part # 53028-60020). Closest I could find that's still in production is 53028-60040 but it doesn't show as compatible with the 2L-TE motor. I'm wondering if my only option is the wrecking yard. But the only 2nd hand ones I'm seeing online are in Russia and in horrible shape.

1633757172173.png

Looks like most of that will Knock out.. :lol: ....... Welcome and Shame about yer 'Prang'.....

Thanks Higgy. I'm confident I can bang out the body work but the lower body mount and lower radiator support sub-assembly sheared right off the frame on the left side. I already got a new mount to weld on but no radiator support sub-assembly. The original sub-assembly also has rust holes on both sides. The first owner apparently liked to drive on the beach in Japan.:fearscream:

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Michael!!! You are the man! I searched for hours and that site didn't come up once for me. This forum rocks!!!:music-rockon::banana-rock:

Back to square one. o_O ToyotaDXB just e-mailed and said they don't have the part in stock.

Also it is well known that parts numbers change over a long time. So may be exactly what you're looking for. Best to email them and get them to check for you.

Thanks again Michael! I've looked into both. DTS doesn't do international shipping but I've sent them a request. The more expensive option appears doable and I'm waiting for a response.
As I mentioned in my first post, I wondered about part 53028-60040. It's compatible with the same chassis for other models but not with the 2L-TE motor. I found one available locally for less than $100 so I might just try it out. :handgestures-finge:

Back