Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Am I mad.......

There may be one or two for that price, but when you do the rounds and take a look at each car they are in very poor condition, high millage and have incomplete service history. I looked at around 15 landcruisers last year and most of them were a waste of a journey, the Toyota dealers in rochdale and bolton having the worst of the crop. In the end their was only two i saw that were in good condition and that i was willing to consider, the rest were just trash condition. in the end looked closely at a 54 plate LC5 for £18500 at a 4x4 dealer with a good reputation, but then another came along and i ended up getting my Invincible TTE which was a 56 plate. So if MrT has a EXCELLENT MINT condition for 22k and are prepared to drop a little to say £20500 ish, then its not such a bad deal considering warranty etc.

My local Yota dealer has a rather nice looking invincible spec 120 in at the moment - vay low miles, mettalic grey (like my Pa's) but with a creamy brown interior (unlike my Pa's!!!) which is up for £27K - Toyota Wallasey (Johnsons)

Well, you will all be pleased to hear that I purchased the LC5 this morning. Cant wait to get my hands on it now. but got a little wait as got to get some reg plates put on retention before i can let my cars go.

Cheers
Gary
PS when I asked about the injector seals i was told no thats the Hilux.........? But was quoted £600 to replace them. but also told that the injectors sometimes go and that would cost £1500.......... whats this all about.....

essexgary said:
Well, you will all be pleased to hear that I purchased the LC5 this morning. Cant wait to get my hands on it now. but got a little wait as got to get some reg plates put on retention before i can let my cars go.

Cheers
Gary
PS when I asked about the injector seals i was told no thats the Hilux.........? But was quoted £600 to replace them. but also told that the injectors sometimes go and that would cost £1500.......... whats this all about.....

Not just the hilux at all, just as common on the cruiser as it is the identical engine. Replacement injectors at mr t dealer will set you back a little short of £2700 inc of replacement pipes, so they have misinformed again!

I would tell them you want the seals replacing and the tolerance checking on the injectors before you hand over the cash.

Back