- Jun 7, 2017
- Country Flag
I thought I would update you guys on a recent upgrade on my kzj78. I used to always feel that the EGT’s were high . The70 is not the most aerodynamic box out there either and since I travel in the mountains a lot with a good load, I always felt I needed a lil bit more out of the 1kz te.
After much deliberation I went on to install an intercooler in it . I scavenged the intercooler parts from an older engine which was a intercooled 1Kz . basically I changed the manifold , throttle body the top cover. Along with remapping the boost pipes and all it was good to go.
I bought a third party hood scoop and fixed that onto the hood and it was good to go.
Here are my observations:
1. Lower EGTs by 75 to 50 Degree.
2. The EGT’s Drop faster on idle or easing up on the pedal than before
3. The water temp remains cooler by 10 degrees than before
4. Better pick up .
5. Less engine noise than before
6. Slightly better fuel average
I thought I would share my findings incase anyone else was contemplating a upgrade on their kzj78.