Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Another Muxley!

Good lawd, we must assemble a rescue party immediately... :lol:

Six grand though... He's good for a laugh that CF bloke...

I notice he still has that one for £10k that was going to be sold immediately, the one Chas wrote to him about...

how much should something like this go for?
i'm after a vx 80 with leather, no preference as to auto or manual, how much should i be looking to pay?

How long is a ball of string Paul?

That outfit are notorious around these parts for buying 'cruisers up & then doubling the price tag or beyond. They don't have a good history of customer service, if you have a problem with a car they've sold you, they don't want to know when you go back & have been outright rude to members on here when they've made enquiries... Plenty of horror stories about them. I would steer well clear of them & not consider their prices as a guide...

Take that one for example... It may be a perfectly good car but I personally think that any one asking 6K for a 21 year old car should really be disclosing the mileage on the ad etc etc... TBH, you should do that on any car ad...

Decent cruisers do sell quickly but you will find one if you are patient. Prices seem to be on the up generally though. Keep an eye on the ebay auctions & what rolls through Auto Trader for guide prices I guess. Thats what I did whilst I was looking for my Muxley... I was dead jammy & he just dropped on my lap one day...

Use the forum network - folk will go looking at trucks for you if they are far away from you.

If you want advice, just ask in the Lounge or the respective model forums :cool:

Happy hunting

Cheers

thank you very much for the reply Gav!

i'm looking round for a cruiser to see me around morocco, up through Scandinavia, and across to (hopefully) mongolia in the course of the next few years, so i think i'll be sticking round here for advise for a long time once i find the right vehicle!

No probs Paul - looking forward to seeing what you end up with & what you then do to it!!!

Are you set on an 80 or are you considering other models?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
the 80 seems like the best mix for ability to go anywhere without breaking (as much) together with keeping some comfort. and it also seems to have a good spare parts/repair base across the world...

what would you recommend?

I have Muxley (me 80) as my DD & plaything; we also have a 95/Colorado (Tonka) for our family runaround & they are both excellent trucks I have to say...

Personally, yup, I would probably go with the 80 for the reasons you point out but the Collie is an extremely capable machine offroad & plenty comfy enough for long distance driving & the range of accessories is increasing all the time.

A lot will depend on your budget & timescale... If you have plenty of time, go out & drive as many as you can; come along to the Lincomb meeting in March/May (??) & I'm sure folk will let you have a drive in their trucks or at least ride shotgun... If you have pots of cash, well, where do you draw the line... :lol:

jondoel said:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-Landcruiser-VX-LIMITED-TD-5-Drs-Auto-/180621486556?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2a0de129dc
Irrc, It was sold on the bay, by the original owner for £3156. So if your quick you can get them a little cheaper than some that are currently advertised.

Well that's nearer the value! 6 grand for a 1990 import with cloth seats was absurd..

Back