Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Anther night out at the local mudpit :-)

Gav Peter

Country Flag
england
Fear not, I'll get bored of these writeups eventually folks... :geek:

Same cronies, better results :)

Here's my tree from last weeks effort...
10032010799.jpg

The hill looks like nothing from the pic :-(
10032010800.jpg

But after much provarication & with nadgers sucked up high, I nailed it!!! It was light this time which helped a lot...

Then Jim arrived & we, well he, got serious...

Down SJ Hill (as I have called it...) he goes:
[youtube:2splx9xr]FbqYL5SB6y0[/youtube:2splx9xr]

My turn... Lining up:
[youtube:2splx9xr]cI-wdaBwanY[/youtube:2splx9xr]
The aerofoil locked & loaded ;-)

Doing it!!!
[youtube:2splx9xr]BTXc4EFmnMQ[/youtube:2splx9xr]
And yes, I did avoid his truck ;-)

Jim having an exploratory punt at coming back up SJ Hill...
[youtube:2splx9xr]uk2edWfnYNI[/youtube:2splx9xr]

And a second attempt with GUSTO!!!
[youtube:2splx9xr]1eDtxy52QEk[/youtube:2splx9xr]
But no front locker :-( Good go though - quite an angle from where I was stood & videoing, hence the various exclamations & apologies at the end ;-)

I didn't fancy it... I'm gonna wait til its raining & a proper challenge!!! :shock: :? :lol: :lol: :cool:

Jim found another hill to play on...
[youtube:2splx9xr]wHij1x5_2rg[/youtube:2splx9xr]
After covering me in mud he nailed it second time up...

MUX had a go...
[youtube:2splx9xr]wnwtffbe5MA[/youtube:2splx9xr]
It was more like a shrub than a tree to be fair...

We had a few macho flexing shots on the top of 'bumpy' hill :)

10032010801.jpg

10032010802.jpg

10032010803.jpg

10032010804.jpg

10032010805.jpg

Went for a scooch though the mud & logs before the Colonel sorted us out with a couple of box loads of chicken!!!

Thoroughly good sport

Cheers

Hi Gav,,

Looks like fun , can't believe you didn't call me I'd have been right over.

Where is the gravel pit? and when are you going again?

Tony

tonytone said:
Hi Gav,,

Looks like fun , can't believe you didn't call me I'd have been right over.

Where is the gravel pit? and when are you going again?

Tony

Hey TT - good to see you over here fella. Jimster's invites are fairly ad-hoc so will make every effort to ensure you're scribed in on the next pile-on bud. Morrocco it aint but the Jimster has awoken the mud monster in me & its a good bit of 'craic' for a quick spin up for an hour or so after work. Plainly we have to keep the location a secret til we know who we're dealing with (now where's that 'full-of-sh!t' smiley gone!!!) :roll:

How did the GF's b'day go? I dropped you a smessage on the text... Received or have I goofed on the number? I'll drop you a PM with mine in case.

See you there for the next puddle about dude :)

Gary Stockton said:
Gotta love the MUXs new front bumper :lol:

Yeah, for now... He's starting to get pretty p!ssed at me for draping that on him Gaz... Still, its helping to get thoughts on the board (drawing type) for the new one ;-) Hoping to have a few cuts at that P.O.S. when I get me angle grinder back from the father in law tomorrow night to see how the winch will sit in there...

Cheers

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
BlackWidow said:
Looks like you guys had a good day.

Steve

Hey Steve, its not a bad location for a wee while, especially for a complete novice like me :roll: Shame I fncked it up on the first trundle out but thats why I bought MUX in the first place - so I wouldn't destroy the family car!!!

Looking forward to expanding the horizons over the next 'while' in the vay near future ;-)

More crumby writeups for you all to endure ;-)

Cheers

Shouldn't that be "pardon mon francais"? :p

Thanks for coming out Gav, had a good laugh. Seems you have lots of vids of me trying stuff but no vids of me actually completing stuff! Then you go and ace it first time! I know it's some way to the truth but everyone will think the rookie is walking all over the seasoned off roader :roll: :p

You have yourself one pretty damn capable truck there, it's great to watch in action.

Tony, pm me your number mate and I'll send you an invite next I/we're going. TBH I'd love to have a gander at that overlander of yours ;)

Jim

Back