Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Any recommendations for MOT in South London or Leicester?

SimonD

Country Flag
australia
Not due until October but as it is my first MOT with the truck I'd like to take it to somebody who isn't going to suddenly call my winch bar a bull bar and fail the MOT or make up all sorts of issues to fix. Any recommendations in South London [or London in general] or even Leicester as my truck will be up there come October time too.

SimonD said:
Not due until October but as it is my first MOT with the truck I'd like to take it to somebody who isn't going to suddenly call my winch bar a bull bar and fail the MOT or make up all sorts of issues to fix. Any recommendations in South London [or London in general] or even Leicester as my truck will be up there come October time too.
I take mine to a testers in Morden, next door to a 4x4 garage so I think he is sympathic to 4x4's :cool: , I can't remember their name at the moment but I'll look it up in the morning (when I can remember where my MOT cert is :roll: )
Chas

Cossack said:
SimonD said:
I take mine to a testers in Morden, next door to a 4x4 garage so I think he is sympathic to 4x4's :cool: , I can't remember their name at the moment but I'll look it up in the morning (when I can remember where my MOT cert is :roll: )
Chas
Hi Simon,
I've found the MOT cert, the garage is;

Hankook International Motors Ltd
Unit 4, at the rear of 24-27 Morden Hall Road
Morden
SM4 5JF

It's a bit hard to see where the garage is, you have to drive up an alleyway and they are at the end, the entrance to the alleyway is opposite Morden Hall Park just before a set of traffic lights. The tester man was very appreciative of my modifications, I don't know if he's an off-road fan or not :cool: .
Hope that helps.
Chas

Chas
That is brilliant, thanks and I know the alleyway has been Cruiser-tested :)

SimonD said:
Chas
That is brilliant, thanks and I know the alleyway has been Cruiser-tested :)
I've just noticed my MOT is due October 5th, if your in the area pop in for a cuppa. :cool:
Chas

Chas
If we're not in Leicester we might very well do that :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Not quite Leicester, but Douglass Motors in Woolston are good with cruisers.

Sent mine to Hankook for a MOT today.

Sailed through with no advisories. :dance: Done in 45 mins and only cost £39.50 :clap:

Re: Any recommendations for MOT in South London or Leicester

I ended up at Swinfield Cooper in Leicester which were recommended by the Green Oval brigade as knowing 4x4s well. Only advisory was the.........hand brake. Everything else fine. £45. Will give Hankook a try next time as I'll be in London.

Back