Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Anyone Paramotor on here

spackrackman

Hi, i am going to try Paramotoring, I have never done anything like it, I used to have power kites but I fancy flying. I eventually intend to get my microlights licence and get an ultra light but at the moment strapping an engine on my back and taking off from next to my house seems quite appealing.

Anyone on here done/does it?

Jonnie

ps, is this the wrong time of the year to learn?

Hi, i am going to try Paramotoring, I have never done anything like it, I used to have power kites but I fancy flying. I eventually intend to get my microlights licence and get an ultra light but at the moment strapping an engine on my back and taking off from next to my house seems quite appealing.

Anyone on here done/does it?

Jonnie

ps, is this the wrong time of the year to learn?

Nope, but I did jump off the mountain strapped under some guy with a "parapant" they call it here. It's a rectangular cloth wing tapering at the ends with lots of strings to support the riders underneath, para glider? I don't know what it's called in the UK.

There's no engine, but we jumped from about 1,800m and he found a thermal or two which took us up another 500m or 600m or so and it was great. Well, until he decided to do some stunts. I came over a bit dizzy and green so he calmed down just before we landed.

Really enjoyed it though, maybe I won't do it again, but I'll try (almost) anything once.

Me too! The canopy looks similar to the one I tandemed with, I just didn't have a flymo strapped to my back:lol:

Not done that karl, i do hot air ballooning & quit often get a couple of guys flying round the balloon in flight.

Just been looking on eBay. Girlfriend isn't chuffed lol.

I'm tempted to just buy the kite and self learn but reading the adds you have to have training :think:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
ha ha ha ha ha a flymo... brilliant! From what I have gathered they are safer than jumping off a mountain and find thermals.. You just make your own forward thrust/lift.... What could possibly go wrong..

Hot air balloons Brian.

Sell that you could easily keep the cruiser then :lol:

Do you take people out in it? My sis had one booked for ages but the company went bust on her in the end.

Looking at the 4min you tube vid seems very simple Jonny.rev it up and away you go.

ha ha ha ha ha a flymo... brilliant! From what I have gathered they are safer than jumping off a mountain and find thermals.. You just make your own forward thrust/lift.... What could possibly go wrong..

Well I imagine it would be safer. If you want a list of what could possibly go wrong, I think it may run to several pages, but that wouldn't put me off having a go.

I know several guys on the mountain that use them without a motor (like I did) but some of them have had horrendous accidents TBH.

The worst stories I've heard are when they come down in (or rather on) the forest. Lots of lacerations and broken bones.

Anyway, without a fan, they have no choice but to jump off the mountain, which perchance is 90% forest! Keep away from the trees and enjoy! :lol:

It's not my balloon karl i can get use of a couple of friends who do own them, I'm not a commercial pilot so can't take fare paying customers up, the co that went tits up ? would that be " GO Ballooning "

mate of mine tried it and loved it. One of the guys on his course wasn't so keen though when he flew into a high voltage power line!

You do need training, you need to know how to land safely, steer etc. At those heights and potential speeds getting it wrong would be a bad thing!!

I would love to try it, but got a Landcruiser to build!!

Back