Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

ARB air locker repair manual?

Gilmour Dickson

Guys,
has anyone ever found a link to a repair manual for a 32 spline air locker ARBRD64 (or indeed any model) ?
I have combed the 'net to no avail and will have to tackle this if and when I get the parts :evil:

I have an RD64 in the rear of my 100 but I think it only came with installation instructions and an exploded diagram. I don't know if I've ever seen a repair manual as such?

Thanks Jon - the exploded diagram is better than nothing (and I have the original installation manual too) but I am really after more details if poss - have you (or anyone else) ever stripped down an ARB? At this stage it is all conjecture, as I have a long time to wait for the parts! I will also ask the ever helpful Devon 4x4 who are supplying the parts. Between that and my "ggrrrr ggrrrr" noise making truetrac front I am a bit fed up with after market traction aids.

I got this off the net somewhere: www.mudtoys.com/manuals/2-RD64.pdf but from what I can remember it's no more detailed than the printed documents that came with the ARB :( What's wrong with yours then? I've not been any deeper than fitting the ARB carrier to my diff I'm afraid but how hard can it be to strip :mrgreen:

I don't know what is wrong with it but I suspect a seal (the O rings) or the copper pipe... When actuated it just vents air out the axle breather and won't lock.
Haven't opened the diff yet as I don't really want to go through all that until I have the parts. The o ring carrier is going to take a while to arrive though. But you are right - how hard can it be :?
hopefully the hardest thing will probably be getting hold of a dial gauge!

I'd check the seal at the case fitting before taking the diff off if you haven't already? The little o-ring in there is quite a common failure and doesn't need the diff taking off to change. Did you fit the ARB yourself?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
they aren't the most complicated of Items

Stick a post in the lounge bit of www.innovate4x4.com (its a small competition forum used by few of the UKs best winch challenge boys, who can strip and rebuild ARBs in the their sleep!)

Yup - fitted myself... :(
However I firmly believe it is not a fitting issue as it worked fine for 30K kilometres and then just started. Then again maybe!
The small seal I did check, as I really didn't want to do all that palaver with cone washers and heavy lifting. I will just get on with it when I receive my parts. Stupid amount of dismantling though for what is probably a tiny bit of rubber or whatever. Thanks anyways chaps.

Back