Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Around the World 2010-2012 with Toyota HZJ 78

miki

Around the World 2010-2012 with Toyota HZJ 78. More info in website www.toyota-adventure.com If anyone needs info from the tour of the west coast of Africa, I can provide .... On the site are photos and travelogue Mekong Expedition of 2007-2008 (the trip from Europe to Vietnam and back 43,000 km) ;)

Miki your website seems to have plenty of tours. Some questions. How did you deal with border police corruption/bribes? Which place was worst. Can you recommend any good workshops along the way. What sort of mechanical failures have you had and how to fix? If you could have taken one or two more items to help you on your trip, what would they be? What was your daily budget for touring and did you stick to it? Where are you now and where are you heading next?

Hello. The police you gotta be tough and no one is holding the hand of the original document. I give in and copy the original only phenomenon. This applies to normal police. At the border there are no problems. The worst country on the west coast, Nigeria ... Cameroon is most beautiful. The car works perfectly and I did not have faults, just before the trip I was given a new OME shock absorbers. In Congo, a silencer in the pre-event. has traveled only 20,000 km. Africa is quite expensive. I was surprised. Diesel, the average price of U.S. $ 1.2 per liter. Now I'm in East London (South Africa), total I drove home from about 32,000 km. Total price everything about € 9000, 5 months 32,000 km. Czech Republic - East London (South Afr). The only big problem with my trip was a problem with a visa to Angola. I did not get it and I had from Kinshasa to Lubumbashi. It was hell!! It is the only way to travel around Angola to Zambia. I'm glad we live. 2000 km only mud, water, sand and jungle. It was really hell. :shock:

Well done for finding us Miki - I hope you didn't mind the email ;)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Going through your website now, good stuff! :thumbup:

Did you keep GPS logs for the Africa leg of your RTW trip? Specifically campsites etc?

Nice truck! :drool:
img00076.jpg

Hello. I have a Garmin GPS. and map it in Africa. Camps are in Namibia, S. Africa, Botswana, etc. On the west coast are not camps. Between Kinshasa and Lubumbashi no map for GPS .. Just a paper map. :D

I remember this :)
africa031.jpg

You had bad toilets outside and we had very strange people inside :D

Glad to see you enjoyed America!

Adrian (& Isabel)

Back