Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Australian 120 Prado

Steve H

Country Flag
uk
Hi, guys. Not sure if this is the right place to ask this so if not could the moderators move it to the correct section.
Had a look at an Australian import Prado today. It was a silver GXL with 64k on the clock. Think it was the equivalent spec of the lc3 apart from having LSD instead of rear difflock. Cruise control was fitted but not sure if this is standard. What I found surprising was when I opened the bonnet staring back at me was a 1KZ-te engine with an intercooler and fly by wire throttle housing, not a D4D common rail.
My questions are :- 1. Are these engines the same power as my 98 Colorado i.e. 125BHP ?
2. Are the gearboxes and final drives all the same?
It was up for 15k on an 05 plate and was one of the tidiest 120's I've seen for a while but if its just a 95 with a 120 body on a bit pricey really.
Is Pradopoint the right site for this sort of info?

Any help appreciated as I not really sure on this one. Driving it didn't really seem that different from my Colorado with 184k on it other than it was quieter and a smoother ride over bumps, etc.

£15000 ???

Seriously expensive I would think

Many non EU Land Cruisers (Prado's) from the southern hemisphere were fitted with the older engines.

For sure they will not be as powerful as the D4-d (1KD FTV)

Gra.

That'll be an earlier Oz 120 - they didn't get the d-4D for a while. Will be same as the 95 running gear I think. Pradopoint is good, as will bevToyoDIY.com

I'd rather look at a UK vehicle - who knows what else is different!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

:thumbup:Thank you Gary and Graham. I will not be looking at this one again as I think the trader is asking D4D money for the older engine. I have looked at a few 120's now and most trucks for sale down here seem to be all from up north ( Newcastle and Scotland area) and while they look good body wise underneath they are rusted out but still asking 8k and upwards. Just have to keep looking. Thanks anyway:thumbup:

Back