Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Automatic Tire Inflation System

Baylin

Country Flag
australia
Hey guys!
I was wondering if you can get automatic tire inflation systems for Toyota 4WDs. I believe its called CTIS but I'm not sure. Just curious about it; sounds cool.
Thanks!

A lot of the Iceland converted trucks have it. It usually consists of a swivel fitting attached to the hub (cap?) with an 8mm or so nylon air line straight out from the hub and round in an arc to the wing. A bit open to damage/vandalism if you ask me. There's other factory systems on military trucks and Merc G wagons that I'm aware of but I don't know of a tidy retrofit one.

Last edited:
A lot of the Iceland converted trucks have it. It usually consists of a swivel fitting attached to the hub (cap?) with an 8mm or so nylon air line straight out from the hub and round on an arc to the wing. A bit open to damage/vandalism if you ask me. There's other factory systems on military trucks and Merc G wagons that I'm aware of but I don't know if a tidy retrofit one.

Ok, I was wondering how tough the system would be. Just interesting though, I don't think I would actually fit one.

They are an option on unimogs too. Easier to fit on vehicles that already have a air system with the air brakes.

Lot of the prime movers on the timber trucks around here have it on the rear drive axles, as it enables them to air down as needed. Again though they have the compressed air in place already.

Back