Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Awaiting Delivery From Japan

borderguy

Country Flag
united_states
Good day all,

I just purchased a Land Cruiser 73 from a dealer in Japan and am waiting for it to get delivered to the states. I am making the move from a Defender to a Cruiser.

1671280106240.png

While I'm waiting for delivery, I am already in the market for a set of bolt-on rock sliders and a rear receiver (just the very small portion so I can carry a bike carrier). If anyone has a lead please let me know.

That’s a bit different. which engine? As for mods I think you’ll find there isn’t a lot available for the 70 and 73 as rare beasts. I had to get sliders etc made for mine.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi borderguy, congrats and welcome to the club!
Truck looks amazing for its age!
Before starting to add stuff to your truck, have it rustproofed. Especially windscreen frame, rear quarters, side window frames....well about everywhere because they rust terribly when not properly coated.
Let me know if you need fsm.
Grtz
Wout

Thank you very much! I'll be using Fluid Film on the car as soon as it arrives. I've had very good results with it on my Defender.

I should have more detailed photos soon. I hope its condition is just as good as it looks in photos. We shall see.

I’m also interested in putting the wider OEM wheel arches on. I’ve found some individual parts for sale. Anyone have a lead on a full kit?

That looks awesome. Starting to think that importing something from Japan may be the way to go. Expensive now but at least less corrosion issues to address

Back