Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Baselining a 1991 (modified to 1994) FJ80 with 450,000 Km

Good work! Do those new bushings give you a smoother ride? How old are the shocks?

Good work! Do those new bushings give you a smoother ride? How old are the shocks?

MUCH MUCH better ride, what surprised me in this car that every little change you feel immediately.

The car was like jelly in bumps before, now its far more civil and predictable. I was so pleased with the effect.

So to explain better, its less jelly like, predictable and far better control.

I think shocks are oldish but the previous owner used the car A LOT in the desert. I would imagine 3-4 years old so they have around 100,000 to 120,000 KM on them.

Great! Did you do the control arm bushings as well?

Great! Did you do the control arm bushings as well?

Sorry can you show me a picture ? English is my second language so I am not sure what this part is in Arabic lol

Oh I tooks pics of what i changed, here you go. WhatsApp Image 2022-08-01 at 2.06.22 PM (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-08-01 at 2.06.22 PM (2).jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-08-01 at 2.06.22 PM (3).jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-08-01 at 2.06.22 PM (4).jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-08-01 at 2.06.22 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-08-01 at 2.06.23 PM.jpeg

ha ha cool..
the control arm is in the front end, both sides...

Attachments

• Control-Arm-1.jpg
    Control-Arm-1.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 13
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Does lifting change this ? I looked at my car pics and didnt find this part.

The pic you posted looks different than mine i dont see the front diff, is that in the rear ?

Does lifting change this ? I looked at my car pics and didnt find this part.

The pic you posted looks different than mine i dont see the front diff, is that in the rear ?
The above picture is NOT from an 80 series LC. Could be a 100 series.

The above picture is NOT from an 80 series LC. Could be a 100 series.
I agree with you here! Looks like the adim missed this... come to think of it I missed this detail too!

By the tank straps and independent rear end in the pic it doesn't look like any LC..

In the 2nd picture it looks in very good condition... well done for finding one that looks very good from where the pic was taken.
Looking back earlier in the thread it seems like I was was already on the case! :laughing-rolling: :think::thumbup:

Back