Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Blower Motor Resistor Location?

revoverland

Country Flag
united_states
In desperate need of some guidance. Replaced a noisy blower motor/fan with a new aftermarket blower motor/fan. Went to test run it after install and got nothing. Plugged the old motor back in, and nothing. Tested for voltage at connection for motor, no voltage. Checked every fuse, relay, etc. All seem good. (Although it is difficult to check the 50A fuse in the fusible link).

Everything I have read says to check the blower motor resistor. However, I cant find this thing anywhere. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Will I be taking the glovebox apart to find this resistor?

Am I barking up the wrong tree? Could it be something else? What might I be missing?

Thanks

If it's the same or similar to a 90 series then it's just under the glove box with the blower motor. I replaced my motor, can't remember the resistor but believe it was there, it's 5 mins to change the blower motor on a 90.

I don’t 100% know but they are often located in the blower ductwork to keep them cool.

Have you got a wiring diagram? The wire you checked that had no voltage, where does the other end of it go? If I was you, I'd start tracing it back.

Back