Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bonnet and tailgate switches - where!?

sim303

Country Flag
uk
Hi

Another niggling problem on my radar....

Neither my bonnet or tailgate appear to have any functioning elecrtical switches - i.e. if I disarm the car and open only the tailgate, the car doesn't realise the door has been opened and re-arms the car after half a minute or so. The interior light also fails to switch on.

Similarly, opening the bonnet does not affect or trigger the alarm, neither does it prevent the car from changing height on the AHC (opening a side door will halt the AHC).

But I can't see any obvious switches for the bonnet or tailgate. Maybe it's hidden inside the catch mechanism? Can anyone shed any light? :)

Thanks

sim303

For the bonnet there is none. The rear hatch has the switch on the lock mechanism.

Attachments

• interior light system - location - LC100.pdf
    306.6 KB · Views: 58
Nothing on the bonnet - interesting! Well, you've saved me the effort of trying to find something that doesn't exist - thanks!

I'll open up the tailgate and fish around in there - thanks again :)

sim303

It turns out that the bonnet does have a switch... and contrary to my expectation, it is working! The reason I suspected it could be at fault (or absent!) is that AHC height changes do not get blocked when the bonnet is open, whereas opening a cabin door cancels the height change. I assumed this was a fault, but I was able to confirm (by locking myself in the car) does in fact trigger the alarm, so that's good enough for me.

On to the tailgate, which definitely has a fault... (courtesy light does not illuminate, alarm re-arms after 30s if you only open the tailgate...) Well I found the switch and unfortunately it works. Further, if I manually simulated the switch with a jump wire accross the connecter terminals, nothing happens. So I guess something between the switch and the Body ECU must be at fault, but that sounds.... challenging!

Reactions: uHu
Back