Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bought 1st 4wd at 45 yrs of age

Itsfootball

Country Flag
wales
Hi all

Using the template, so here goes

Your name: Darren
Your Cruiser: 1998 landcruiser Prado (90 series) it has 404,000km and it unregistered at the moment
Mods on your Cruiser: bull bar only at the moment, have big plans
Plans for your Cruiser: 4wd and camping. I want to explore australia with my kids who are 7&6. There is so much to see. I plan to put a 2" lift kit, winch suitable size MT tyres, roof rack and dual battery system to operate fridge, lights and i would like to have solar set up for the longer trips. I am planning trips to fraser island, wee jasper, brindabellas, yalwal, bendethra to name a few.
4x4 Experience: i have a grand total of 0 hours experience and i cant wait to get out there and learn on local track before i tackle the longer trips.
Anything else you think is interesting or relevant: the prado needed some work, gearbox was stuffed and i installed a reconditioned one, bushes on the steering gear, sway bar and link pins needed replacing. The prado has a date with the mechanic on tuesday, to hopefully pass its blue slip and i can register her. If she gets registered, i am off camping to wee jasper with my kids.

Darren
90 series prado

I was 53 when I took first ownership of a 4x4 and it was pure luck that it was my current 80 series, 11 years on!

Never too late, welcome aboard !

Welcome Darren. Better late than never, you may have taken your time but it sounds like you made a good choice. Hopefully you've added some considerable value by doing the work to keep this truck on the road.

Now then, has anybody mentioned photos to you? :shifty:

Welcome Darren. Better late than never, you may have taken your time but it sounds like you made a good choice. Hopefully you've added some considerable value by doing the work to keep this truck on the road.

Now then, has anybody mentioned photos to you? :shifty:

Best wishes
Richard

Back