Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Braided Brake Hoses

Paul

Garage
Country Flag
england
Now that the brake job is so involved i may as well go the wholehog and do the brake lines at the same time.
I've always used Goodridge lines on motorbikes so would like to stick to them and Demon Tweeks is coming in at the best price so will order them unless there is any advice to the contrary.......
It is a 6 line kit, only have 5 from memory though? :think:

try Dave at Llama 4x4 he is very reasonably priced and good quality kit

Berwydd Chapel House, Castle Caereinion, Welshpool, Powys SY21 9AX

Tel: 01938 850382

Hi Paul,

IIRC (I probably don't) you'll have seven lines on your car. One at each caliper, one rear axle to frame and two front axle to frame. I would think it's well worth doing them all...

I fitted Slee lines to mine a few years ago and it made a noticeable improvement, but I was replacing some pretty old rubber lines so maybe new OEM lines might have made the same difference. The Slee lines were expensive and the plastic coating over the top of the braid broke up after a couple of years.

All the best,
Toby
1990 HDJ80
1994 HDJ80

From memory.

Each front caliper has two pipes in series (as there is a joiner/mounting in between them)

Each rear caliper has one................hang on though..........thats 6.........and doesnt count the one from body to rear axle.............i think i've been had :thumbdown: as i've just ordered the kit from Demon Tweeks that is a 6 pipe kit.

Hello

Yes I was had too! On late ABS models there are 7 lines, all the kits I could find in uk were 6 .

I removed all the pipes and had them custom built , with an extra 50 mm added to the pipes that go from the body to the chassis (1 rear and 2 front)this allowed for the 50 mm spring length.

Also it would be worth getting new retaining cilps as old clip break and also the new pipes are a little smaller where the retaining clip fits . New clips allow you to tweek the clips with pliers old clips break !!

good luck .

garry

Garry,

Where did you get yours made up??

Andy

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Greg from Land Cruisers Overland supplied mine - could be worth a call :thumbup:

Got mine from Julian V

Emailed Demon Tweeks who have been great in their responses and willing to help. It seems there is an overlap in models and 7 line systems should only be on 96- models so they have said the 6 has been dispatched already so i can check it to see if they are suitable for the hoses that are there and will get Goodridge to make up anything else that will be needed.
Not perfect, but as helpful as they could be as parts are made to order and shipped direct.

Back