Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Brake callipers.......

I think I have those on the front of mine, got new Toyota ones for the rear when I get round to it. The truck stops, can't say more than that really

All my bush ones are Febest brand and happy with the German quality. Wouldn’t see any different in their other products if the price was competitive.

I guess any new calliper will work fine, it's the longevity where quality makes it's mark. The old ones seem to be still working OK but look a bit scabby compared to the fronts and the rubber piston seals are well past their best. MOT booked for Monday so if it fails on rear brakes I'll certainly change them but might just order a pair and change them even if it passes.

I would have bought Toyota fronts if they had them, but they didn't. So...

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I got a pair of rear calipers from ebay for just under £50. Needed some calipers and it was winter, just wanted a straight replacement instead of cleaning up and rebuilding as needed the 80 on the road.
They've been perfectly fine, been laning, through floods etc and still look like new. No issues with performance or fitment.

Have since rebuilt the originals which are sat on the spares shelf.

If calipers fail someone might die and no reputable company wants any part in that so its all about longetivity really and for bushes Febest is a common choice nobody ever complained about on here .

With my experience of German tools and spares I'd risk the German ones.

Rebuilt my 100 ones with OEM seal 4 years ago no worries.
Also used a Febest items no problems at all

Back