Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Breakdown cover?

Paul_Humphreys

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Who is with who?

I have been with Green Flag for years, just renew online evey year to get a bigger discount. Same again this year, it has gone up to £147 :shock: But I can save £10 by doing it on line.

I have looked at others and the problem comes with the LC. RAC will not cover over 10 years old. Rescuemycar will cover it for £69 (yes £69) but it will not cover modifled cars!!

So do I look for another?

Paul

Right, just spoken to http://www.rescuemycar.com and they will cover me on personal cover for £62.90 :D I only have to put my main car in as first car. They will cover the LC on its own, but you have to list it as a van :o .

Also if anyone gives my name and says I have recommanded them I get £5 discount off my breardown cover!!

Paul

Comes free with Adrian Flux insurance ;)

Have you read all the small print Paul, as when I looked at it my LC would have NOT been covered.

Paul

Hello Paul,

Well I have never had rescue cover in all the years I have driving.
I have been fortunate to have many people who can assist, or tow, or fix.
But now they are all gone, and I am my own recovery now.
So may be time to look.
My great fear is a break down far from home, may be Europe, and I have the caravan on the back

My LC 120 is just 4 years old, so who to go for ?

Graham

http://www.rescuemycar.com seem to be the best price I could find, with the right cover. I have gone for personal cover. It is cheaper for me as I have 2 cars.

Then only do up to 3.5T and do not like lowered cars (due to loading them). I was with Green Flag for years, but The price they sent me has gone up by £45. Now I can save £10 by doing it online as they would not do this on the phone. But rescuemycar can do the same cover for £62.50, so less than half!!

Paul

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
24Seven said:
I use Britannia Rescue through the CSMA £69.50 for European cover.
I'm with them (Got it free with my Insurance) while I was checking with them to make sure I was covered in Europe I was told I was only covered for one recovery per year, but I dont know if that was for just Europe or anywhere.
Chas

Cossack said:
24Seven said:
I use Britannia Rescue through the CSMA £69.50 for European cover.
I'm with them (Got it free with my Insurance) while I was checking with them to make sure I was covered in Europe I was told I was only covered for one recovery per year, but I dont know if that was for just Europe or anywhere.
Chas

They do different cover for different clubs and organisations, I have read mine very carefully to check for any loop holes and I'm sure I'm covered as I want.

Well just gone through their quote system and it comes out at £120, so cheaper than Green Flag but still almost twice the price of Rescuremycar.

Paul

Funnily enough, I use Club Toyota, who used to use the RAC but have just switched to the AA. For £49.00 a year, I get full roadside assistance and return to home or garage for all UK and Europe. Seems a bargain to me ....

Gary Stockton said:
Funnily enough, I use Club Toyota, who used to use the RAC but have just switched to the AA. For £49.00 a year, I get full roadside assistance and return to home or garage for all UK and Europe. Seems a bargain to me ....

Hi Gary,

I could be very interested in this £49 pound package.

Linky please ?

Graham

I see the cost to join club Toyota isn't really cheap.
Around £60.

That said, I am sure there are probably some decent benefits in joining 'Club Toyota' ?

Graham

I'm also a Club Toyota Member.

Mine cost me nothing, free with a service that cost me £58:00 & my Toyo dealer over £200! :shock:

They sent me a special offer voucher, apparently this should not have been sent to Landcruiser owners :cool:

The RAC 10 year old comment only applies in certain cases.

My RAC personal cover for Mrs. B and I (how is that personal - surely its a couple cover... never mind) covers the 2 motorbikes (bought the cover on discount at a bike show ;) ), her Peugeot (and I specifically asked) and the LC is included along with any other car in which one of us may be travelling.

Not cheap though :? . With her being at home and me away with work, I thought it worth it...

Back