Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Brenda The Devastator (Cont.)

Can't understand what has happened to that piston. Looks like seriously high mileage or seriously low on oil at some time. Might be worth getting a used engine. I know 80 breaker might have one and he might have one you can hear running.

Can't understand what has happened to that piston. Looks like seriously high mileage or seriously low on oil at some time. Might be worth getting a used engine. I know 80 breaker might have one and he might have one you can hear running.
A used engine is indeed my game plan now. I'm not a diesel guy so diagnosing exactly what's happened ain't my thing, I can only refer to experts opinions. At the end of the day a new engine is required so off I go to hunt. Will give 80 breaker a call, I'm considering a 100 series 1hd-fte too, so may acquire a car for breaking myself

You can make a 100 series engine work with what is left of your engine. Your pump and timing covers along with some other bits can be converted over to a 100 series hdfte engine. Makes an awesome engine. Ask Garry at 80 breakers. He's done several now.

You can make a 100 series engine work with what is left of your engine. Your pump and timing covers along with some other bits can be converted over to a 100 series hdfte engine. Makes an awesome engine. Ask Garry at 80 breakers. He's done several now.
I've shot Garry a message, just got to find out costs really :tearsofjoy: I've got no idea what I should be paying for one of these engines

They aren't pocket money unfortunately. Garry may be a little slow getting back to you at the moment. He has family commitments. These engines do sound great when done and much smoother than the existing one.

They aren't pocket money unfortunately. Garry may be a little slow getting back to you at the moment. He has family commitments. These engines do sound great when done and much smoother than the existing one.
Ay, some of them on eBay are listed for north of 5k! That's where things get hard to swallow :tearsofjoy:

Getting more and more tempted with the FTE with the manual pump conversion... probably get the pump and injectors rebuilt while they're out too for good measure

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Keep at it, you're doing a great job :)
While we await locating a new engine I'll be busy cleaning things up, and sorting out other bits and pieces. Really need to inventory all the stuff Hopeless gave me with this. Can probably sell off some of the spares and such to help fund the engine too

Back