Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

British Transport Films… a window on a bygone age

PS Should be some Land Cruiser spotting to be done - it is going from Adelaide to Darwin afterall....

Nice one Flint. Love the urgency about the commentary. :)

Surprising what could be done with 2wd, a heavy right foot.......and lots of pushing !

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Great films.

But that’s a laff, our railways beating the world... i’ve just seen this... and its 8 years old...

I had that exact thought Clive. I then found it sad that we had lost our way and others have overtaken us.

The connection between the interests of the Minister for Transport who appointed Dr Beeching might possibly offer a few clues.
Indeed, would that be the dear fellow who had all that financial interest in building roads by any chance?

Just been going through some old photos left by a late relative. This 4x4 + bus was taken in Iraq, probably in the 40s, not sure of the make. Could be a Kenworth ?
Iraqi bus.jpg

Just been going through some old photos left by a late relative. This 4x4 + bus was taken in Iraq, probably in the 40s, not sure of the make. Could be a Kenworth ?View attachment 139446

Or a Peterbilt...

I’ve just spent a happy hour browsing the interweb for old semi truck pics, it was terrible, but it had to be done, Flint.

None the wiser, but heaps happier :lol:

What a great photo BTW :thumbup:

Just been going through some old photos left by a late relative. This 4x4 + bus was taken in Iraq, probably in the 40s, not sure of the make. Could be a Kenworth ?View attachment 139446
Interesting photo. Interesting vehicle. They weren't too worried about not having tread on the rear tyres were they.

That's very close Clive but not the same. However it almost looks like that is from the same era, even the same photographer perhaps. Good find.

That one looks very much like the old Scammells from the front.

Back