Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bulgaria/Turkey 2019

ratrace

Country Flag
uk
Well off again via Bulgaria to Turkey in 2 weeks
Landrover now has Bulgaria number plate so hopefully it will be a bit faster get into turkey this time and we are not going via Istanbul this time, we will try to sort out and pay for the toll roads

Now for the landcrusier it pass it mot with one minor problem the blood fog light bulb need changing so hopefully will be off to Spain for more in September

Last edited:
Arrive at Chris place mine is ready just got to pack away a few bit and go shopping for beer and food

And nice new number plate as well and new headlights as well
20190601_122050.jpg

Last edited:
Was going today sunday but had to change plans a little bit we are now going on Mon morning
But decide to some local lanes after 2 day of rain well u can guess what, it was fun playing in the mud.
Chris got stuck 1st in the d2 but a tug from the d1 got that out, so me of course had to go one better I slid off the track straight into the ditch along side the track ,so it Chris turn to help me, took a couple of goes and a bit of digging but we got there in the end, just a few hundred metres down the track cross axle the vehicle as I lost control and went sideway in the ditch again, out with the winch again, 5 mins later back moving again. Minor damage to the n/s wing mirror so will glue back into place and that will ok for Turkey
But it was a great day for playing in the mud
We only did about 40 miles but 25 miles were all tracks
20190602_112749.jpg

Last edited:
Oh Chris had to pick some flower for his very lovely wife

If I did that to my wife she would wonder what toy I had brought now

20190602_151649.jpg

Last edited:
Oh Chris had to pick some flower for his very lovely wife

If I did that to my wife she would wonder what toy I had brought now

View attachment 156567

Enjoy Mike and take care mate.

We’ve had a fair bit of rain these last months this end of Europe, so Bulgaria might be a bit soggy.

I doubt if Turkey has been affected too much, I was in the Asian side of Istanbul most of last week and the weather was OK, if not a bit cooler than usual for May.

Don’t forget ... photos :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just to let you know we are bother safe
So far we have wild camp 4 nights, but tonight it's a hotel as I need a shower and wi fi
Had a bit of trouble one night the local people did not like the idea we were sleeping just of the track so we just more on and found a better place
You like this got pull over by the local army just to check passports and check the inside the vehicle, they saw the drone and went into one, they try to keep it, but another guy from post turn up and we told him we were only using it in the mountains, well in the end they let me have it back and they were all smiles again and they let us go. Soon found why there was a check point on the highway a few miles down the road there was a army base
So far done just over 1000 miles and only broken the same wing mirror twice
Guess what the next trip is next year I hope we are going to Chernobyl and if we have time pop into Belarus
20190606_074251.jpg

Just to u know we are back in Bulgaria and resting up

We had a little talk last night about going to Iran one year but would need more time off to do the trip

Maybe one year

welcome to the M25 around Istanbul, Turkey
IMG_0432crop.jpg
IMG_0438.JPG
IMG_0438.JPG

Last edited:
this is a motorway and they stand there and sell food and drink

IMG_0463.JPG
IMG_0472.JPG

Welcome to Istanbul Turkey the European side. Where are you visiting and how long are you intending to stay?

I was in Turkey just over a week ago for 2 weeks
Sorry to say this is the last trip for a few years, but we love the country
We was in the area of the d195 which runs from the coast to Bayburt

Istanbul’s M25... 70km car-park :lol:

Only funny when you’re not on it for 4 hrs, when it’s 35 degrees outside... :?

Cheers Mike

Back