Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bush direction

Andy Dee

Country Flag
great_britain
Hello folks, I am replacing the bushes on the front anti roll bar but I can't remember which way they came out. Does anyone know if the split in the bush should be towards the front or back ? Or does it not matter ?
Many thanks,
Andy.

I suppose you mean the chassis mounts. The FSM shows the split towards the rear, I think, but it's not mentioned in the text. I don't think it matters which way the rubber goes in though, they are clamped down firmly.
ScreenHunter_80 Apr. 26 22.42.jpg

Many thanks, I guess I am just a bit OCD when it comes to things like that ! When I buy new parts I like to know they are fitted to the best of my ability :)

Hi

I remember changing mine a couple of years ago and got the bits from rough Trax. My handling is not the same anymore even after getting realignment etc. Better to get parts from Mr T so handing stays proper. In fact you have motivated me to go get parts and redo the job after removing them.

Hi

I remember changing mine a couple of years ago and got the bits from rough Trax. My handling is not the same anymore even after getting realignment etc. Better to get parts from Mr T so handing stays proper. In fact you have motivated me to go get parts and redo the job after removing them.
Hi

Yes I bought Toyota parts, I know they are expensive, but in many cases I think they just fit better. This started as a job to replace a broken link bar at the end of the anti roll bar and then I discovered the passenger side chassis mount had rusted away and was hanging loose. So now replacing both link bars and all the rubbers and washers along with the chassis mount bushes. Also had to weld on a new bracket to the chassis. Maybe doesn't look pretty but it's functional and strong

IMG_20180429_162758.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back