Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Buyer beware…

This is Bad news Rich, But when you think about it, Its so easy. Iv gone a dozen times to buy Trailers with a pocket of cash and met on remote Farms/ Builders sites etc And im always on my own, Maybe il be a bit more Cautious... If its a sale on Face book I always study the sellers Face book profile, And always look into sellers history if its ebay.... Not a lot else you can do... Interesting Post Rich... This country really is going down hill..

The only time I’ve ever gone with £10 grand cash in my pocket to buy a car I took my mate along. He was second dan at Aikido then and could handle any trouble. I didn’t like the idea of turning up on my own with cash.

I’ve done the same in the past when buying vehicles on my own with a pocket full of cash with no dramas, thankfully. Unless you’re a comic book Super Hero there’s not a lot you can do if they have firearms. Not bought A vehicle in a while now but would prefer bank transfer, in fact some sellers also prefer this because of fake bank notes.
Digressing slightly, when we sold my Dad’s Beemer after he’d passed away a guy came down from the Scottish Borders with £8k in £20 notes which I took straight down to the Bank while he waited which he didn’t mind doing. I paid the cash in over the counter so they could verify the notes which took them much longer then I expected. They were Scottish notes but fail to see what difference that makes to a bank! Then, about 10 days later I got a NIP through the post for a speeding offence on the A6 near Carlisle, 2 hours after I’d sold the car. A not so nice surprise for the new owner!

Agree Karl, Its my Preferred way.. But if its Cash on Collection there is not a lot you can do... Cash is always a good Haggling Tool... But if now there is a risk of getting your Teeth kicked in.. Il think Twice! Iv been Lucky. Maybe its because i always look like i Spent the Night in a Skip... Maybe they feel sorry for me:lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Agree Karl, Its my Preferred way.. But if its Cash on Collection there is not a lot you can do... Cash is always a good Haggling Tool... But if now there is a risk of getting your Teeth kicked in.. Il think Twice! Iv been Lucky. Maybe its because i always look like i Spent the Night in a Skip... Maybe they feel sorry for me:lol:
Last time I saw you, you looked like you'd spent the night in a puddle in't middle of road, I know when you've had the luxury spending the night in a skip, because you then look like Compo's twin.:laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

Last edited by a moderator:
:text-+1: for bank transfer they can see they have been paid within a minute of you hitting the send button .

Make sure they know that's the plan before you arrive though because the scammers will back out and it will save you a drive as well as getting beat up and robbed .

Back