Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Caliper Bleed Nipple Sizing (Front vs Rear)

Sam

Garage
Hi all - hope everyone is well.

Just serviced the bike and while flushing through the brake fluid I thought it was about time I had a go at doing the same on the LC. However, as part of the usual friendly service, it looks like my dealer took the time to make my ugly looking hexagonal bleed nipples all pretty and round for me. Nice of them I know - but proving somewhat of a challenge with undo operations.

After deciding to have a go at swapping them out WITHOUT draining the system (think boy with his finger in a dam wearing marigolds, a hazmat suit and motorcycle helmet) - I called the dealer for a price.

£52. I had to check if they meant fitted !!! :wtf:

RoughTrax 4x4 say £7.20

All seemed pretty straight forward until I realised that Toyota list the front and rear as different part numbers. RoughTrax are as bemused as me as to why they are listed differently. Can't get any information on sizing or pitch etc.

So, getting to the point then ... does anyone know why? Are they different sizes or thread pitches or something?

Feel like I want to be sure they are going to fit before I'm sitting with my gloved finger stuck in a hole holding a nipple that I cant get back in.

So much of that last sentence was just wrong :lol:

** EDIT **

had a quick look through MegaZip schematics here and it does seem to list them as different parts:

Front
47547-35020 - Plug, Bleeder (For Front Disc Brake)
31478-30010 - Bleeder Plug Cap

Rear
47547-12030 - Plug, Air Vent (??? odd name)
31478-30010 - Bleeder Plug Cap

** Double Edit **

Ok - looks like one is an M10 and one an M7. That'll do it :icon-rolleyes:
According to autodoc anyway.
Front and Rear

Toyota price is still nuts - I'll find somewhere more sensible.

I'll leave this here just in case it's useful - and maybe even update it when I find out just how "possible" it is to swap one out without draining the fluid.

Last edited:
You could try a brake hose clamp if you've got rubber hoses and a bit of cling film under the reservoir cap (don't forget to take it out afterwards).

Back