Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Can anyone recommend a good bodyshop (anywhere!!)???

oneafrikan

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a good bodyshop that will work on an 80 series...?
I want to do a Raptor coat, but also need to sort some rust out - so needs to be a shop that knows metal and ideally has done Raptor before...

So far, speaking to:
- Tricketts (they have done rust work for me in the past so happy, but not 4x4 folks)
- PB Customs
- Devon 4x4
- IR Cradock

Anyone got any other suggestions?

Thanks
Gareth

Regardless of who you go to i would make no mention of Raptor before the rust issues were sorted . Tell them a full respray is planned for next year so they don't need to fuss about a colour match finish .
Raptor applied with a roller would likely look no different than if Rolls Royce sprayed it for you .

i was going to say classic car restorer. then i saw raptor mentioned.
they would probable chase you off the premises...

I would live to give it a five star paint job, but then it would get scratched on the next trip, and our kids would continue to dirty the rear… so i can’t see the point of a 7 layer showroom job (i got quoted 22k in surrey) for a car that won’t sell for double that (when i’m dead and my wife wants to get some cash in) or which is meant to be used outdoors…

Am i the only one??

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It almost saddens me that all my trucks are too good to paint myself .

Plenty of Coach and marine paints out there intended to be applied with a brush and still give a high standard of finish , so what if they were sprayed on with this

yattich 700 - Google Suche - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

A mirror finish is not achieved by paint it comes from polishing the paint flat , but mirrors show every fault . A satin or matt finish makes life easier again .

Give Martin at Nidor a call, Hamworthy near Poole, not too far away from Tricketts.
A small family business, bodywork and classic restorer, who I chose over Tricketts to do the inner and outer sills on my 120. Excellent work.
Photos updates and discussions throughout, very laid back and accommodating, has also done bodywork on mrs Civic.

Oneafrikan, glad you spoke to Martin and got an idea what he's at, I found him a pleasure to deal with and no worries leaving my lc with him and his small team.
Don't worry about mentioning Raptor to him, he is very amenable and open to discussion/suggestions, and definitely won't tell you to do one, he is a gentleman !
Good luck whoever you choose, I replied to your pm.
John.

The trouble with Raptor is its thick enough hide anything and everything and so it puts the temptation to bodge and hide on the menu for the less scrupulous .

Agree, there are a lot out there with their so called professional rust treatments, that may or may not have been done, then covered with black s**t to make it look impressive.

The trouble with Raptor is its thick enough hide anything and everything and so it puts the temptation to bodge and hide on the menu for the less scrupulous .
this.

ive had a few 80s in with raptor peeling off due to lazy prep and covering all manner of crap.

Back