Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Can't unlock Landcruiser Amazon 100 with remote fob or key

Anjam

(cross posted from the other forum so apologies to those who have already seen this)

Hi clever people,

I have a Landcruiser Amazon 4.7 year 2000. This morning I went to start the car but it would not unlock with the key fob, the red LED flashes on the fob but the doors do not unlock. I tried unlocking the driver door with the key which normally works fine but again the car refused to unlock. I parked it up fine yesterday, have had no such problems before. I know I didn't leave any lights on because I parked up in daylight.

Before I call the AA tomorrow does anyone have any ideas how I can get the car unlocked? I have a booster pack with which I can start the car but I need to unlock it and open the bonnet first.

Any help appreciated.

Re: Can't unlock Landcruiser Amazon 100 with remote fob or k

Did you try the passenger door or boot and entering that way?

Tried both doors and boot. Still no joy :(

Strange, there should be a bar linking the lock and key barrel on the front doors so it shouldn't matter if you have no power, you should still be able to unlock the door you turn the key in. Stupid question time - the key is turning and you've tried it in both directions? :)

Jon Wildsmith said:
Strange, there should be a bar linking the lock and key barrel on the front doors so it shouldn't matter if you have no power, you should still be able to unlock the door you turn the key in. Stupid question time - the key is turning and you've tried it in both directions? :)
Yes you would have thought the key would work regardless. I have tried turing the key both ways :)

Ok here is how to get in if your batter is totally flat, turn the key and pull the handle at the same time. Thats what I had to do, once the battery charged up a bit then I could simply turn the key to open as you would expect.

Hope that helps someone in the future.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Glad you got it open :thumbup:

Back