Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Car cranks but won't start

Diesel4Life

Country Flag
malaysia
Hello everyone, I need help and is there anything i can do.

My car suddenly died while driving and when I start to crank the engine won't start but it cranks, and brought it to my local mechanic and they said its the fuel pump and I brought the fuel pump to a service centre and he is well known by 4x4 enthusiasts. He said it had no problem and he serviced it, when I got the fuel pump back the car still won't start. Anything wrong with my car? Car cranks and it's a 1kzte.

Pictures when he serviced and said the fuel pump has no major problems
IMG-20230118-WA0011.jpg

Do you have an immobiliser? It's usually a flashing 'anti-theft' light that comes on when the key is out and goes out as soon as you put the key in?

Have you got any picture examples? But I don't think that's the problem cause on the dash no other lights were on

Could the original diagnosis have been for the low pressure fuel pump in the fuel tank? (Lift pump I think it's called on some diesels).

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Its almost always an electrical issue and pretty much never the pump beyond the spill control valve failing - was that tested ?

By lift pump do you mean, the pump we need to pump by hand, the pressure is strong.

The place where I serviced the fuel pump tested the fuel pump on the machine and said the spill control valve has no issues but now he wants to check it back.

I mean a low pressure (40..60psi odd) electric pump mounted within the fuel tank? Almost all petrol cars and I think some diesels have them including the 1KZ based Prado.

Fuel in a bottle direct to the pump , if it works then the problem is in the fuel line .

Cheap and simple things first like remove and clean engine sensors and search for broken wires .

Any warning lights? Any issues with fuel quality? Can you start is with aerostart/crc in the air intake? might be the injectors

Back