Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

CB antenna extension cables

Paul

Garage
Country Flag
england
Any problems with extending an antenna cable using a male/male connector?

I use them sometimes, shouldn't cause you and problems, wrap the connection in self amalgamating tape if it'll be exposed to the elements.

Any issues with connecting the SWR meter at the join as its 3m from the CB?

IIRC, there's a 3dB loss in each join. I wouldn't run an SWR meter permanently inline as your incur more loss again. Once you have trimmed the antenna then job done, then just have one run of continual coax from radio to antenna.

Trevor said:
IIRC, there's a 3dB loss in each join. I wouldn't run an SWR meter permanently inline as your incur more loss again. Once you have trimmed the antenna then job done, then just have one run of continual coax from radio to antenna.
Must be something wrong with your connectors Trevor, they're not loss less but they might as well be at 27MHz for all the difference they'll make. I have come across lossy 90 degree connectors but not the straight through ones. Leaving the meter in-line permanently is not ideal but again the loss should be so small you won't notice. Won't matter where you put the meter. Your choice of cable will have more effect than a few extra connectors at 27MHz IMO.

Wasn't going to leave the meter in, just easier to connect it at the join instead of near the cb itself.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
John, just the purist DX'er coming out in me im afraid.

I've got a join in my coax run to facilitate the insertion of a SWR meter when required, that all just tucks neatly away into my jack storage cuddy when not in use :)

PC170179.jpg

PB270100.jpg

PB270099.jpg

Back