Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

CB Antenna mount

Ducktape

There is quite a few posts on this topic in general, but if you are faced with the choice of either fitting the CB antenna to a galv roof rack or magnetic mount on the roof with the antenna basically comming through the roof rack slots... which is better? I would think the magmount, but then what do I know about SWR, ground planes, etc...

Thanks

I've only ever used a mag-mount with a springer arial for my cb & for use in a convoy laning, this has proved a vay satisfactory solution.

This will be changing fairly shortly & I'm looking forward to [strike:5vv1gsru]seeing[/strike:5vv1gsru] hearing what the difference is :cool:

Sorry that this doesnt appear to help or answer your question in any way, shape or form :oops:

I had considered using a magmount and going through a galv roof rack but opted not to at the time. Would the fact that the antenna is passing between the roof rack slats reduce its effectiveness? - in that the metal on the rack would interfere with the pattern of / reduce the radio waves being emmitted by the antenna

It's far from ideal but it's not the end of the world, just be sure the whip can't contact the rack while you're transmitting because the CB won't like that.

Gav Peter said:
This will be changing fairly shortly & I'm looking forward to [strike:rinqou5h]seeing[/strike:rinqou5h] hearing what the difference is :cool:
Which one of your 3 antenna mounting points are you going to use Gav? :lol:

Thought he was going to make a new one, to go on the spare wheel carrier? He's not been left with much else to do, really, has he?? ;) :lol: :snooty:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have a big long todo list of mods he can have as well, he needn't worry about there being nothing left to do ;)

Jon Wildsmith said:
I have a big long todo list of mods he can have as well, he needn't worry about there being nothing left to do ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jon Wildsmith said:
:shock: Where's the 'GULP' smilie when you need it...

Jon Wildsmith said:
[quote="Gav Peter":1n71n7uh]This will be changing fairly shortly & I'm looking forward to [strike:1n71n7uh]seeing[/strike:1n71n7uh] hearing what the difference is :cool:
Which one of your 3 antenna mounting points are you going to use Gav? :lol:[/quote:1n71n7uh]Lawd knows JW (GULP)... :cool:

Back