Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

CDL Stuck on!

Not unusual to put these back on out of synch. I've done it myself even though I know not to.

As I said before I should of joined here months ago and asked for advice, would of saved me a lot of time and head scratching.

No problem about the thread hi-jack Liam :)
Well I managed to get home yesterday by removing the front prop, drove fine all the way home.
Going to investigate further over the weekend, I'm pretty sure its an electrical problem.

Found this guide online when I was doing a search, its for the 80series but I think its the same as the 100. Might come in handy for someone. https://www.pnwadventures.com/vehicles/toyota-fj80-landcruiser-cdl-troubleshooting/

Fingers crossed my centre diff lock is in working Order now. Think it was my own fault from the outset as when I replaced the old CDL with a used unit I put it out of sync. I took it of moved cogs inside transfer box so it was in sync replaced it and all is well. Hands held up my fault in first place for putting it in wrong, thank you to all the help and advice I am sure it won't be the last time I need the aid of greater minds. On to the next job on my list.

Thats a handy post regarding the CDL on the 80.. Thanks Jamsy.. Did you get yours sorted?.... Maybe you should have kept the 80....:lol:

Thats a handy post regarding the CDL on the 80.. Thanks Jamsy.. Did you get yours sorted?.... Maybe you should have kept the 80....:lol:
The fuses tested ok.
The relay tested fine.
Removed the dash centre console and tested the push button switch, tested ok when in the ON position but I didn't get any continuity between Pins 1&2 in the OFF position. Also, I couldn't hear any click from the relay when pushing the button. I suspect its the switch so going to look at replacing that.
Anyone got a good source for the green twist lock bulbs?

Screenshot 2019-01-24 at 12.47.41.png

Measured the resistance across the motor actuator and the were fine.

Screenshot 2019-01-24 at 19.54.03.png

I then put 9volts across pins 2 & 3 of the motor side of the connector, was expecting it hear it engage or disengage but nothing happened.
I also measured the voltage across pins 2 & 3 on the harness side of the motor connector and got 8volts when I tried to deselect the CDL.
Makes me think that there may be a problem with the motor now.
Screenshot 2019-01-24 at 19.56.39.png

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back