Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Charging System

My one has arrived and actually turns out to be a higher amperage :)
I have since found out the the engine recon part of the company i work for has a localish repairer for alternators and starters and is very good with turn around times of about 2 days, he now has my old alternator and after telling him what i did on the plain he said no worries i'll do it today.
Let me know if you need his number.

Thanks Paul, let's see how I get on over the weekend

TonyP said:
That's the approach I was thinking of taking. What you doing Sat :lol:

I have the day off on Sunday?

Interesting enough the second dealer came back to me (similar price), but he made a comment that it would take a couple of days to get a alternator in as these are not common failures. So, it' defo going to be a job for the weekend.

Prob be Sat Crispin as the kids have rugby on Sunday.... (story of my life at the moment) :roll:

My alternator is coming back at lunchtime, all rebuilt for £45 and he says he can supply a new one for £127, so the one i ordered was a bit of a waste, but you live and learn.
If you give me your part number and car model i can ask when he gets here for a price, we get a very good trade discount, he does service exchange as well and as we have an account you dont have to give the old one back until after you have fitted the new one.

Paul said:
My alternator is coming back at lunchtime, all rebuilt for £45 and he says he can supply a new one for £127, so the one i ordered was a bit of a waste, but you live and learn.
If you give me your part number and car model i can ask when he gets here for a price, we get a very good trade discount, he does service exchange as well and as we have an account you dont have to give the old one back until after you have fitted the new one.

Hi Paul, thanks for the offer, if you don't mind asking, the part number is 27060-30050 and it's for a 2005 (55) 120, LC4

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Right then,

Just spoke the guy and he has found a supplier with a new NipponDenso (Genuine unit!!!!) and wants £203.32 plus vat delivered to his premises in Petersfield, he does not do postage, but you can collect.
He could also look at your old one and repair it if needed but as its not a stock item cant do exchange.

He says that non genuine ones are all sold out.

That is a good price for a new one. Toyota want > £300 for a new one. Only issue is that to go all the way down to Peterfield will cost me the diff in fuel :roll:

Ok, will put that on the back burner for now, as I can get a exchange one for £190 +vat from Toyota and they will refund me £30 when I give them the old one back, but I will first try and sort my one out.

Cheers

My alternator required replacing about a year ago.
I got prices from almost every where
My local Toyota priced me a Toyota refurbished one.
It is the identicle to the one that came off.
Had the 'Reconditioned by Toyota' stickers on it.
I think it was about £130
I laft a £30 deposit, so when my old one went back, I got my £30 back

Other than that, some of the prices were £300, to £400 pounds from motor factors.

£130, I thought was a good price, and I had the benefit of replacing it when it suited me.

Graham

Wow that is quite cheap for a recon unit, considering I was quoted 190 + VAT.

The good news is that the truck has started charging as it should, so I have put the work on hold. This goes to back to my theory that if you leave it long enough it will either fix itself or go away :lol:

Still plan to take the alternator out and give it a good cleaning though

Back