Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Chat GPT

You've put your finger on it there Frank. If Artificial Intelligence checks the answers that it gives without proper outside regulation, then it can come to the conclusion itself that it's giving the right answers even if it's not. In circumstances where safety or other things like World peace or food supplies are involved, that could indeed be more than a bit of a drawback. A handy tool in some circumstances, but sometimes not the right one to use without further careful verification. Just like humans, it can be wrong.

I've seen instances where whats returned by chat GPT is wrong. But mostly its right, or good enough. I only use it when I already kinda know or have a rough idea about the answer, so can decide if its good enough or not.

I asked it a question the other evening, the answer to which I already knew. It gave the wrong answer.

I told it it was wrong so it apologised and gave me another answer, that was wrong to.

After about 4 wrong answers I told it the correct answer, it then agreed and thanked me for letting it know. It assured me if anyone asked the same question again it would give them its newly learned correct answer.

The next day I asked it the same question.... it got it wrong ‍:icon-biggrin:

After about 4 wrong answers I told it the correct answer, it then agreed and thanked me for letting it know. It assured me if anyone asked the same question again it would give them its newly learned correct answer.

Yeah but then you'd get Donald Trump logging in telling it that he won the election and please tell everyone the same in the future.

So it has to be careful I suppose.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yeah but then you'd get Donald Trump logging in telling it that he won the election and please tell everyone the same in the future.

So it has to be careful I suppose.
No it went away and checked what I told it was correct, it didn't just take my word for it.

I may not be high functioning but can answer most easy questions it very unfortunate that most of the world is relying on Artificial intelligence or Artificial Idiots or Artificial insemination or at a push Artificial grass mmmmm

I’ve only recently started playing with it and I’m quite impressed. Used it for a work related question (how do you fuse together operations and plans) and it came up with a really good response. I sanity checked it, cut and pasted and created a hand out for the Exec team! Happy days!

I don’t totally agree. My job has been made easier by a robot. I still needed to sanity check it. Effectively a human in the loop. I can see your point though. It’s a classic example of threat and opportunity.

Back