Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

cheap veg oil

they sell them in makro and they are usually about 80p a litre so they aren't cheap unfortunately

TonyP said:
So has anyone bought cheap veg oil in those 25L drums that the chippie shops etc use? Must be cheaper to gut it in bulk? I've done a bit of googling but not found any prices....

Costco do veg at £14.29 for a 20L container so just over 70ppl. Use it quite a lot and much faster to fill the tank than using 1L bottles :)

Cheers

Richard Jackaman said:
TonyP said:
So has anyone bought cheap veg oil in those 25L drums that the chippie shops etc use? Must be cheaper to gut it in bulk? I've done a bit of googling but not found any prices....

Costco do veg at £14.29 for a 20L container so just over 70ppl. Use it quite a lot and much faster to fill the tank than using 1L bottles :)

Cheers
Hi Richard,
Do you, or anyone else, know how a Costco or Macro membership card can be obtained?
Chas

Cossack said:
Richard Jackaman said:
TonyP said:

Cheers
Hi Richard,
Do you, or anyone else, know how a Costco or Macro membership card can be obtained?
Chas

If you are self employed then you can get this with some proof (company name, bills etc). There are also some professional jobs that they will give membership to as well. My wife being a HR person working in a telecoms company allowed us to get our membership.

Some basic details here: Costco

Sorry guys, arrived at work 6.30am only to find out someone behind a desk at H/O has slipped up and the promotion doesn't start now untill tomorrow !

Nick.

Took a ride round to my local Tesco last night... onto to find that all the oil was sold out AND I got lumped with doing the grocery shopping :twisted: I'd rather just keep buying diesel and avoid that hassle again :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
hi. Im running two tank system on my 80. I use alot of fuel and for me it is a must. I start up on diesel then turn to 100% uvo. I pay 10p per l for it sometimes have to pay 35p to get the stock up. It works great for me and save a fortune.

karl wester said:
hi. Im running two tank system on my 80. I use alot of fuel and for me it is a must. I start up on diesel then turn to 100% uvo. I pay 10p per l for it sometimes have to pay 35p to get the stock up. It works great for me and save a fortune.
I guess that's using a heat exchanger to warm the oil up? I've still got a heat exchanger and pipework I never got round to fitting on my old 80!

hi jon. Yes running with heat exchanger that was homemade. It gets red hot so works well. I have a two way valve for my oil and a two way valve or my diesel. Running the diesel side on a short loop. Probaly have to put a heater in my tank in winter but see how i go. Just keep adding to the kit bit by bit. All good.

karl wester said:

Out of interest Karl, where do you get it that cheap?

Hey jon. I collect from couple of local places near me cafe,and food places. Only prob is there are that many people doing it ,you strugle now. It obviously is used oil,not new. I can really get as much as i want at 35p pl. If you ever need and give me a buzz. dont know how far from me you are but i collect from burton. 1000l ibc. Very good oil. Hardly any crap has settled in the last lot i had. Maybe 75L. 07968389167 is my num if you ever need any. karl

Back