Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

cheapest 4x4 insurance in uk

G

Hi all
someone in the group has an imported vehicle. I am batteling to find
a third party fire and theft for the cruisers. Can anyone help with experience?
Regards
and Thanks
Mike

I used Endersleigh but was fully comp.
Ian.
[Email address removed] wrote:

Hi all
Mine cost me just over =A3400 this year, fully comp (good & safe driver ya see...) Admitedly, I did not state where I take the beast (apart from the usual: leisure/work/research UK, Europe & Tunisia. And I didn't mention mods...Anything extra I get in the countries I visit - it seems to make more sense for me, especially if they are an educated country, in that car insurance is important.
Renate
I used Endersleigh but was fully comp.
Ian.
[Email address removed] wrote:
experience?

Renate,
Mods are a tricky one as if involved in an accident you may well have to
fight it out in court if they are undeclared. I do not know the law on
this but it is almost a certainty that if you are to blame your
insurance company will refuse to pay if they spot them. It may be, and I
am not certain if this is possible, that you could go to court and show
that the mod had no effect on the accident and therefore they should pay
out. But ........... that would still be risky and very expensive if you
lost and had to pay costs not to mention the time it would take with no
Bruiser or replacement.
The alternative is you tell them about the mods and they increase your
insurance payment or refuse it.
Ian.
Renate Haupt wrote:
>Hi all
>Mine cost me just over ?400 this year, fully comp (good & safe driver ya see...) Admitedly, I did not state where I take the beast (apart from the usual: leisure/work/research UK, Europe & Tunisia. And I didn't mention mods...Anything extra I get in the countries I visit - it seems to make more sense for me, especially if they are an educated country, in that car insurance is important.
>Renate
>
>
>
>>>>[Email address removed] 04/13/05 11:56am >>>
>>>>
>>>>
>I used Endersleigh but was fully comp.
>
>Ian.
>
>[Email address removed] wrote:
>
>
>
>>Hi all
>>someone in the group has an imported vehicle. I am batteling to find
>>a third party fire and theft for the cruisers. Can anyone help with experience?
>>Regards
>>and Thanks
>>Mike
>>
>>--
>>European Land Cruiser Owners Mailing List
>>Further Info: http://www.landcruisers.info/lists/
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>--
>European Land Cruiser Owners Mailing List
>Further Info: http://www.landcruisers.info/lists/
>
>
>--
>European Land Cruiser Owners Mailing List
>Further Info: http://www.landcruisers.info/lists/
>
>
>

Ian
I did mention to them that I had, for instance, LRFT fitted, & a snorkel (i.e. an extended air intake pipe...), but this didn't seem to make any difference to the quote. I had also mentioned that there were no engine modifications. I believe I also mentioned the rear spare wheel carrier, and its a funny thing, because there was a little bump in Dec 2004 outside the college where I work in one of the car parks that are never (or never were) lit when they should have been. I tried to claim aganist the college for damages but they weren't playing ball. What happened was that my tyre on the spare wheel carrier was caught on the other car, and without it I suspect that the damage to his car would have been more severe. As it was it was settled amiably within a month or so.
When the accident happened I called my insurers, explained what had happened, but again they didn't seem particularly bothered about the mods that I had mentioned.
So I guess I was either lucky or that the insurers didn't know much about how mods effect insurance.
Cheers
Renate
Renate,
Mods are a tricky one as if involved in an accident you may well have to fight it out in court if they are undeclared. I do not know the law on this but it is almost a certainty that if you are to blame your insurance company will refuse to pay if they spot them. It may be, and I am not certain if this is possible, that you could go to court and show that the mod had no effect on the accident and therefore they should pay out. But ........... that would still be risky and very expensive if you lost and had to pay costs not to mention the time it would take with no Bruiser or replacement.
The alternative is you tell them about the mods and they increase your insurance payment or refuse it.
Ian.
Renate Haupt wrote:
Hi allMine cost me just over =A3400 this year, fully comp (good & safe driver ya see...) Admitedly, I did not state where I take the beast (apart from the usual: leisure/work/research UK, Europe & Tunisia. And I didn't mention mods...Anything extra I get in the countries I visit - it seems to make more sense for me, especially if they are an educated country, in that car insurance is important.Renate [Email address removed] 04/13/05 11:56am >>> I used Endersleigh but was fully [Email address removed] wrote: Hi all someone in the group has an imported vehicle. I am batteling to find a third party fire and theft for the cruisers. Can anyone help with experience?Regards and Thanks Mike--European Land Cruiser Owners Mailing ListFurther Info: http://www.landcruisers.info/lists/ --European Land Cruiser Owners Mailing ListFurther Info: http://www.landcruisers.info/lists/ --European Land Cruiser Owners Mailing ListFurther Info: http://www.landcruisers.info/lists/

Try contacting some of the importing companies and ask them, but don't
give away the fact that you have done the import yourself ;-) - they
should be able to suggest someone.
--
Regards,
Julian Voelcker
Mobile: 07971 540362
Cirencester, United Kingdom
1994 HDJ80, 2.5" OME Lift, ARB

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Try contacting some of the importing companies and ask them, but don't
give away the fact that you have done the import yourself ;-) - they
should be able to suggest someone.
--
Regards,
Julian Voelcker
Mobile: 07971 540362
Cirencester, United Kingdom
1994 HDJ80, 2.5" OME Lift, ARB

Renate
Your insurance seems cheap to me. Wish mine was as good but maybe that is
because of London etc. Also mine insisted on me fitting an alarm/immobiliser
- they are useless in my opinion as no-one seems to pay attention to alarms
anymore. Will disable the imm,obiliser before long tri-p though.
jeremy
Jeremy Llewellyn-Jones
Mob: 07831 458 793
--

On 4/13/05, Jeremy Llewellyn-Jones <[Email address removed]> wrote:
ser
ms
Jeremy,
=A3400 is what I've paid to Adrian Flux, and that's for an address in W. London.
--
Rgds,
Roman (London, UK)
'92 HDJ80

On 13/4/05 18:57, "Roman" <[Email address removed]> wrote:
ndon.
Perhaps I should contact him. Is he on the web?
Thanks for the tip
Jeremy
Jeremy Llewellyn-Jones
--

Thanks very much.
Jeremy
On 13/4/05 19:59, "Roman" <[Email address removed]> wrote:
--

Back