Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Chinese car central locking system

Dorro

Country Flag
ireland
hi my 1998 landcrusier did not have any key fobs when I bought it so I bought a 15 euro set on eBay before I wired it up if I used the key in the drivers door all locks would open and close no problems if I pressed the central door lock on drivers door panel all doors would lock and unlock working perfect, so I went to work on wiring up car entry system it went like this ............
If your car already has a central locking system. You take both orange wires and the black ground wire and splice all 3 together with the ground wire on your vehicle.

Both yellow wires go with the red positive wire into a power wire on your car. And the white wires you wire into the close and open wires on the door lock.. Brown wires went to hazards lights all works great now have key fob to open and close the door only problem I have is if I just use the key in the door the drivers door only unlocks and the central locking button on inside door panel is not working any more have a blown a fuse for the central locking or am I missing something any help would be great

Regards

Mike

You need to retrace your steps Mike. There is likely something disconnected in the drivers door. Did you separate a connector or cut some wires without reconnecting them perhaps? I doubt it’s a blown fuse but if course you should check them. I expect you have picked up off the central locking fuse.

You need to retrace your steps Mike. There is likely something disconnected in the drivers door. Did you separate a connector or cut some wires without reconnecting them perhaps? I doubt it’s a blown fuse but if course you should check them. I expect you have picked up off the central locking fuse.

Hi thanks for the quick reply I did not go near the wiring on the drivers door under the sterring wheel I found 3 wires going into a white plug which was not connected to anything before I started if I tipped the wires one would open the door and the other wire would close them so I just tapped into them with the new white wires from the box do you know where the fuse would be for the central locking system as I don't have a manual and don't see anything on the fuse box cover
Thanks
Mike

Ive no idea about fuses as I’m not familiar with your model of truck but in general there is an internal fusebox in the dash somewhere as well as one under the bonnet. Check all fuses within both and you should find if one has blown. I would then try and use the same fuse to power your remote although risk is minimal, it’s better to stick to one circuit one fuse. Maybe you are already using the correct fuse. Check within your drivers door loom in the hinge area for broken wires. Wiggle them there while holding the button on the door down and see if you get any lock movement.

Ive no idea about fuses as I’m not familiar with your model of truck but in general there is an internal fusebox in the dash somewhere as well as one under the bonnet. Check all fuses within both and you should find if one has blown. I would then try and use the same fuse to power your remote although risk is minimal, it’s better to stick to one circuit one fuse. Maybe you are already using the correct fuse. Check within your drivers door loom in the hinge area for broken wires. Wiggle them there while holding the button on the door down and see if you get any lock movement.

Great will try that and see how I get on thanks again for the quick replys have a great day

Back