Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Chris Knott Insurance.

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
Country Flag
great_britain
I've had a PM from Chris Knott insurance. They are still offering discounts to club members.

ChrisKnottIns said:
Hi, if your car insurance is due soon don’t forget to give our friends at Chris Knott Insurance a call. The scheme claims to offer great rates for members of this forum so let’s check it out – you could save money.

Please call 0800 917 2274 (or 01424 200477 for mobiles) quoting ref: XXX-102

Please post feedback on your experience, especially if it’s positive as the many happy customers don’t post as much as the few unhappy ones.

Thanks.

Good to hear that,
I must make a note for next renewal.

Gra.

I renewed the 80's cover with Chris Knott Insurance earlier this month, the service provided is good, and they will check that the underwriter will cover all the
mods (I have all the mods listed, plus I check they're okay with any I have planned during the next 12 months).

The only downside is the cost! I thought it would have been cheaper, it's gone up £237 in three years, and nothing's changed my end (apart from the mods). Unfortunatley Chris Knott are at the mercy of the underwritters who set the premium, and they won't budge on price unless you twist their arm! I managed to get a quote from Adrian Flux for the same cover at a cheaper price, armed with that Chris Knott were able to convince the underwritter to match that price.

So I stayed with Chris Knott, as they're easier to deal with than Adrian Flux (in my opinion), I just wish that they would do a green card for Morocco.

Scott said:
I renewed the 80's cover with Chris Knott Insurance earlier this month, the service provided is good, and they will check that the underwriter will cover all the
mods (I have all the mods listed, plus I check they're okay with any I have planned during the next 12 months).

The only downside is the cost! I thought it would have been cheaper, it's gone up £237 in three years, and nothing's changed my end (apart from the mods). Unfortunatley Chris Knott are at the mercy of the underwritters who set the premium, and they won't budge on price unless you twist their arm! I managed to get a quote from Adrian Flux for the same cover at a cheaper price, armed with that Chris Knott were able to convince the underwritter to match that price.

So I stayed with Chris Knott, as they're easier to deal with than Adrian Flux (in my opinion), I just wish that they would do a green card for Morocco.

Thanks for the feedback. We'll always do our best to negotiate a good rate for members, especially where you have an alternative quote that we can use to show underwriters where their pricing is off.

Morocco? Err, maybe not.

ChrisKnottIns said:
Scott said:
....I just wish that they would do a green card for Morocco.

Thanks for the feedback. We'll always do our best to negotiate a good rate for members, especially where you have an alternative quote that we can use to show underwriters where their pricing is off.

Morocco? Err, maybe not.
Your welcome, cheers for the speedy reply. A Moroccan green card may well appeal to number of customers, and could land their custom, as lots of owners of modified 4x4's use their vehicle to travel overland, and Morocco is a very appealing destination.

Many of the insurance companies in our neighbouring EU countries include Morocco as standard on their green cards. The NFU supply a Moroccan green card at no extra cost, it's just a shame their premiums have become uncompetitive over the last 3 years, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered leaving them after 6yrs.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just tryed Chris Knott for my Lc 80 1992 parked on drive in wolverhampton with a 2" lift 35" tyres winch and winch bumper and a snorkel.
27 years driving 15 of those offroad, fully comp and covered for green laneing, not covered to recover others(seems strange) but was to recover myself! (That never happens lol).
quoted me £379

Adrian Flux quoted for the same £369 but includes recovery to home(forgot I've got a landcruiser now not a land rover).

hope this helps.
Duncan

Back