Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Colorado Fuel Filler Pipe required..

Gazzbo

Hi folks. After noticing some diesel dripping away after filling up the bus,it turns out that the fuel filler pipe has corroded away to porous heaven. If anyone has one lying around (which is structurally sound) for a 1999 3 litre diesel colorado, can you pm me your contact details pleeeeaase. Have patched it up for the moment but know that its just a temporary repair.

Thanks in advance.
Gazzbo

ps. I now officially hate rust :doh:

77201-60480 - my local Mr T quoted me just shy of £80 + the vodka and tonic, I've got a similar issue, noticed it after dropping the tank and replacing the fuel pickup tubes (must have nudged something) so it's next on my joblist

Cheers Majic, I'll order a nice spangly new one from the stealers.

Just a thought but could it not be replace with a rubber (Or other similar product if rubber is no good mixed with derv) one. When I replaced my fuel pickup a couple of years ago I noticed mine looked pretty crusty so was thinking of doing this job this year but I though that a hose of some sort wouldn't rust as this would appear to be one of those problems that will come up after XX amount of time

Hi Chris, that's a good point. I have been thinking that myself. I was considering cutting out the bit that's really bad and painting the rest with rust-eating hammerite. Seems that the area behind the cover is prone to bunging up with all kinds of crap from the road as I had to dig the pipe out. I got rid of those stupid square fasteners and instead put an extra hole by each factory one so I could pass cable ties through instead. Much easier to attach and remove as required without breaking the tabs off of the car. What a crap design.

Back