Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Comarnic - Romania - 2021

clivehorridge

Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
romania
After 2020’s complete disaster, travel-wise, I’m hoping 2021 may eventually permit travel again.

If travel is permitted, our doors are open again this year to anyone who wants to come to stay for a week, most likely the last week in August 2021... exact dates can be agreed on later...

The usual applies, 5 or maybe 6 (at a push) en-suite double rooms available (free of charge) on a first requested, first reserved basis.

Camping available in the garden if all rooms are taken (some hopes!), breakfasts and evening meals + stocked drinks included.

Day-trip convoy-style to local views, some pretty tame off-road, do-as-you-please rules, visit the mountains, cable car rides, drink beer all day in the garden, whatever you fancy.

If 1,600 miles of driving each way (UK) is off-putting, come by plane, I’ll collect you from (and return you to) the airport and there’s room in our truck on the day-trips.

I have no info on what you need to travel across Europe, so please do your own investigations ....

All members, their families, pets and guests welcome...

Please enter your name, number of people coming, and whether you want a room - below...

Sign of the times I suppose, seems like no takers again this year. :?

Hi Clive Long Time no hear, I guess it is Sign of the Times, I guess folk just dont know what the hell to do, Your Invite is always appreciated..... Really wish i could Take you up on it... Hope your well mate..

Clive much as would love to come I do think it will be we almost impossible this year, but we will see what happens

It is Clive , my stepdaughter and her friends missed the train today so i drove them to the cinema , only after i dropped them off did i think to myself "how the **** can they go to the cinema" .

She's 31 i don't care where shes going but i went to a pub last week and felt so much like a death row inmate on my final special privelege i had a glass of pop instead and left .

It's not looking too promising for this year Clive unfortunately. I'd still love to pay you a visit some time when hopefully the travel situation improves ...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Would be great to be able to say I’m coming this year, finally, but as others say it’s not looking promising. Your invite is once again very much appreciated.

Hi Clive Long Time no hear, I guess it is Sign of the Times, I guess folk just dont know what the hell to do, Your Invite is always appreciated..... Really wish i could Take you up on it... Hope your well mate..
Yep, fit as a fiddle so far Higgy, thanks for asking. Work’s been hectic this year and it looks like it’s not letting up anytime soon. My visits to the forum have been more sporadic but I still have a browse from time to time.
One day matey, maybe you’ll have a spare week or so with nothing to do… joke by the way, I don’t see you as someone having to wonder what to do next :lol:

It's not looking too promising for this year Clive unfortunately. I'd still love to pay you a visit some time when hopefully the travel situation improves ...
It doesn’t look promising at all Jon. Here the rules are relaxing bit-by-bit and compared with the UK they've never been as restrictive or enforced as strictly, like the UK.
we can walk the streets mask-free now and restaurants are open again, just with reduced table density, to maintain some semblance of distancing. Masks are still required on public transport and in most shops.
I believe we’re open as regards travel, subject to the colour coding which seems to change day by day.
Anyway, we’re here and will be till my mortal coil candle burns out, so it’s only a matter of time.
Thanks for the reply,
Cheers Jon

Clive much as would love to come I do think it will be we almost impossible this year, but we will see what happens
Looks that way David. I was hoping the restrictions would relax, but it seems they’re using this new strain to justify continued isolation. Dunno what this world is coming to these days….
Cheers matey, there’ll be other times to come, I hope.

Would be great to be able to say I’m coming this year, finally, but as others say it’s not looking promising. Your invite is once again very much appreciated.
Good of you to post, saw your advert to sell your beloved FJ the other day, it sounds like a beast.
Sadly most of all that dosh spent on it won’t be coming back, but if needs to sell it are a must, so be it.
As I’ve said to others, there will be another time, it’s just a shame … I’ve missed the banter and friendliness of having a bunch of cruiser nutters all in one place that I can get to out here.
We’ve got easy access to the mountains and some pretty safe Offroad opportunities, so keep us in mind if you do get the opportunity… we’d love to have a visit from you and yours…
:thumbup:

It is Clive , my stepdaughter and her friends missed the train today so i drove them to the cinema , only after i dropped them off did i think to myself "how the **** can they go to the cinema" .

She's 31 i don't care where shes going but i went to a pub last week and felt so much like a death row inmate on my final special privelege i had a glass of pop instead and left .
Funny you mentioned the cinema, Shayne, yesterday afternoon Ana went to the cinema with a bunch of her mates for the first time in I don’t know when…
Cheers matey, hope you’re all ok, look after Supergran OK?
:thumbup:

Look after supergran ................... keep ducking you mean :lol:

We are good mate , if anything the lockdown just sort of bored us into sleepwalking repetition , things are improving though and we have reason to be optimistic about next year . Unhappy times for everyone i suppose so i hope your all doing well at your end . Did Owra learn to spell her name right yet :lol:

Look after supergran ................... keep ducking you mean :lol:

We are good mate , if anything the lockdown just sort of bored us into sleepwalking repetition , things are improving though and we have reason to be optimistic about next year . Unhappy times for everyone i suppose so i hope your all doing well at your end . Did Owra learn to spell her name right yet :lol:
Our lockdown did me a great favor. I’ve always wanted to live at the house full-time, so with Ana internet schooling, Aura and me working from home, we locked down at the house for the whole duration.
Sadly, in a way, Ana’s back at school now (which is the best news) and Aura is back in her office / working from home, one week about.
I’m still working from home, but in Bucharest now instead of at the house (that’s the sad news) and it looks like that will continue indefinitely, it’s better than hacking across the city during every morning and evening rush-hour.
We’re all well and plodding on, work is busy, so can’t complain about anything except the weather. It’s been raining for the best part of 3 weeks, everywhere is saturated. July and August are rapidly approaching - they’re dry months traditionally, so hopefully the mud in my gateway will consolidate :lol:
Cheers buddy …

A bittersweet irony it gave you a teasing taste of the life you aimed for , we just gotta keep believing we will get there one day :thumbup:

Its been a wake up call for me after a lifetime of being happy with what i've got , even when i had nothing , and caring little for tomorrow , i realize now i have to set my sights much higher if i'm ever to step away from it all .

Onwards and upwards one day at a time :thumbup:

Back