Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Comarnic - Romania - 2022

clivehorridge

Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
romania
The usual offer still stands, if you’re not familiar you can get the gist of what’s on offer by reading the intro to 2021’s invite.
Despite C19 doing a disappearing act, we now have fuel at almost double the price it was 6 weeks ago, so I don’t imagine there’ll be too many takers - heaven knows what the price will be come August, but we thought we’d give it another go.
A few not far away scenes, and a pic of our place, for those who don’t know, or who’ve forgotten … ‘cos the last visit was way way back in 2019 …

1C7FAB08-7639-4DEE-ACC3-B1222E53C9A2.jpeg

D36CB02F-4F84-4CE7-BB86-59A51863CA7C.jpeg
E73D7966-324F-4E9B-B44B-4B1A17477D63.jpeg
A986ADD9-E227-418D-88BA-A59C09DC0AC9.jpeg

Helen often mentions looking forward to our next visit but short of a lottery win i can't see it happening this year for us .

Understood Shayne, and I’m guessing you’re not alone given the current state of things.
Thanks for responding anyway mate, not optimistic, but we’ll see how it goes…

State of the world wouldn't prevent me mate but i'm into my third year of running at a loss . I've every reason to believe the turnaround is but a week away , but i won't count my chickens or fry any eggs until im confident i'm well and truly out of this rut .

Don't lose heart we will get there again and i'm sure there are many others keen to visit , all this covid lockdown business just has people edgy about forward planning .

If my current personal circumstances were different i'd just get in the truck and go , if i got diverted or stopped :confusion-shrug: it just adds to the adventure and puts me on roads i might not have otherwise experienced .

Wheres theres people theres food , where theres cars theres fuel , i have a bed on the roof and a jetboil , what more does anyone need :D

I shall make it one day…might just do it this year with the new truck if all goes to plan and if travelling with a dog isn’t too hard now (haven’t looked at new rules yet)

I'd still like to visit Clive, but I don't think it's going to be this year, just because of lack of time / too many other things going on. I'll keep my fingers crossed for an invite and more favourable circumstances next year.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Would like to do this trip while I'm able to give the six foot wooden box a body swerve cant say when but have put meself on the waiting llist for a patch of grass and passport Clive love the look of your home not a criticism but your outside swimming pool looks very far away

You don't know how true that is Steve the whole place is like your own back garden , I reckon they invented traa dy liooar out there .

Did they put in and registered a patent for it

Its been high priority for several centuries i believe

Believe what you want Shayne I won't be offended

I shall make it one day…might just do it this year with the new truck if all goes to plan and if travelling with a dog isn’t too hard now (haven’t looked at new rules yet)
I can’t imagine the new rules being much different from the old rules TBH, your dog’s vet should have all the details anyway… it’s just a paperwork exercise AFAIK…

Just give us a shout if you do come this year, end of August is the best for us, but just let us know if it’s another time. We’re having a week away in June and another in July, so anytime in August we’ll be there. September is leaving it too late really, usually starts to rain about then :lol:

I'd still like to visit Clive, but I don't think it's going to be this year, just because of lack of time / too many other things going on. I'll keep my fingers crossed for an invite and more favourable circumstances next year.
The invite is the easy part Jon, it’s permanent anyway… so just pick a year :thumbup:

Would like to do this trip while I'm able to give the six foot wooden box a body swerve cant say when but have put meself on the waiting llist for a patch of grass and passport Clive love the look of your home not a criticism but your outside swimming pool looks very far away
‘Tis a bit of a jaunt Steve, gotta admit :lol:
I keep promising myself to drive to the UK but these promises are easily broken, sadly.
It’a fair distance and three days each way, so I don’t blame anyone for not giving it a go.
Anyway, the box can wait till yer ready, and give us a shout when you set out East, whenever that may be :thumbup:

3 campsites there and 3 campsites back , its been done in less but if i had the time i think i'd make it 4 campsites so you would be leaving like 10am and arriving at 4pm with 1.5 hour for breaks between times . Easy driving its like a scalextric track , even roadworks just slow you down some .

This is on my List every year Clive, We got France Booked on the Motor Bike End of July.. But Id like to do the run to your Place on the Bike also.. Its just convincing Clare to let me Loose for Two weeks on my own at the end of August..... She's Back at work anyway so i cant see what the Problem is :wtf: ....Anyway Clive Keep well mate...

Clive I reckon the walk to your swimming pool can be done in a couple of days in flip flops just hope the water is warm enough and an ONJ lifeguard

Clive I reckon the walk to your swimming pool can be done in a couple of days in flip flops just hope the water is warm enough and an ONJ lifeguard
Best to take a heated towel with you Steve, it’s deep at the deep end and cold mate, sorry to disappoint :lol: .

This is on my List every year Clive, We got France Booked on the Motor Bike End of July.. But Id like to do the run to your Place on the Bike also.. Its just convincing Clare to let me Loose for Two weeks on my own at the end of August..... She's Back at work anyway so i cant see what the Problem is :wtf: ....Anyway Clive Keep well mate...
Well keep us on your list Higgy, one day maybe you’ll make it here. You’re welcome on the bike mind, always a spare seat in my truck when we go on day trips…
Enjoy France, and ride safely… we’re all good this end mate…
Ski season is over, now we’re enjoying springtime :thumbup:

Back