Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Cooper Discoverer st-maxx

Brecht

Country Flag
belgium
Anyone has experience with the cooper discoverer st-maxx? I've been interestend in them in changing my tires from 265/70/r16 to 235/85/r16 st-maxx.

But i'm curious about the real world experience!

Or some recommendations for my lifted lc90? Wanted to put 265 75 16 on maybe but what AT tire?

Had those on an 80 series. Good tyres, on road and off-road on mixed terrain from beach to rocky. Can't seem to find them anymore though?

Had those on an 80 series. Good tyres, on road and off-road on mixed terrain from beach to rocky. Can't seem to find them anymore though?
Was looking in to them for a separate set for offroading or several offroad trip/vacations

Was looking in to them for a separate set for offroading or several offroad trip/vacations
I looked into them as well for my ford ranger camper. I really like them and I have them on my bj46 and had them on my hzj75. But I decided to go for bfg at's because I want to do winter camping in Europe and the stmaxx doesn't have the alpine tire mark.
Apart from that, they perform not as good in the mud as bfg mud. So if you want a set of tires to go offroading in Belgium and summer camping, I would suggest a real mud tire.
My camping mate has bfg muds on his 90 and is very happy with them on and offroad.

I looked into them as well for my ford ranger camper. I really like them and I have them on my bj46 and had them on my hzj75. But I decided to go for bfg at's because I want to do winter camping in Europe and the stmaxx doesn't have the alpine tire mark.
Apart from that, they perform not as good in the mud as bfg mud. So if you want a set of tires to go offroading in Belgium and summer camping, I would suggest a real mud tire.
My camping mate has bfg muds on his 90 and is very happy with them on and offroad.
Yes, at the moment I have a set of general grabber hts60, "60/40 onroad offroad" but it's mostly an on road tire. They came with the car and have done about 15k km so I think it's a waste to replace em, because you don't get a lot for them second hand.

Been looking into eveything, bgf km3, ko2, pirelli scorpion all terrain plus also looked interesting or the general grabber at2.

But it's a throw in the dark to know what would be the best ofcourse. Mostly wanted al allround tire with maybe the 3pmsf logo or something...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have been using the same set on my 80, both on the road and green laning where they have performed admirably in all conditions.
Would recommend as an alternative to BFG AT2/3's mainly due to price.
Do you mean bfg ko2 of general grabber at2/3?

I had a set on my 80, very good tyres. Not too much noise on the road either

I have a set on my Troopy. The only tyre I could find in Europe in the size! So far I like them. Not pushed them in hard off road yet but perform well on mild terrain and on road. A friend in the Vermont, US ran them and loved them she says good in snow and ice (and she gets plenty of both in the mountains)

Back