Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Corsica 4x4 Sept 2016x Bruiser

mettisse

Supporter
My wife and I have returned from a very enjoyable trip to Corsica, the truck ( 4.2 diesel 80) performed magnificently , now home done and dusted.
We went with two other vehicles with 4 people in our vehicle and 2 each in the others.
We had a road book bought on the net, and we prepared by booking the accomadation in advance which proved difficult but was prudent as it turned out because the place is busy still in September with all the grey haired holiday makers as ourselves. If I were to do it again I would 100% camp out.
We drove from Calais to Toulon took our time and enjoyed the road trip, took an overnight ferry to Bastia in the north, then the trip started, we zig zagged down the island off road with a lot of on road stretches, and covered about 100 to 150 Kms per day. Lovely, is not a good enough word, found beautiful beaches and had picnic lunches in some glorious places. Took 5 days to do this, we finished up at Bonifaccio in the south, it was a good opportunity to hop over to Sardinia, but our friends needed to return back for work.
It was a really wonderful trip, expensive I'll agree, but we budgeted well, but you can't escape the cost of fuel and ferries and we could could have made it cheaper camping and self catering, but this was our holiday! My high lighted point is that it so easy to do ( providing you have some funds) the welcome everywhere was great, there is a strong 4x4 following there with waves and headlight flashes all the time. A good experience

Which roadbook did you use ? Any photos?
I read there were restrictions now to access beach trails in NW near st florent

Fabulous place. We did this in late May/June. Thoroughly recommend it. We went over to Sardinia onwards. Sardinia was one of our most favourite places.

Back