Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Courtesy Door Light

PJTAYLOR

Country Flag
australia
Hi, I have a question that hopefully someone might be able to help me solve, I recently purchase a 2020 LC200 series land cruiser and have replaced the courtesy door lights, two wire blue/red are connected to light but have no power to these wires, the door pillar switch works to activate internal roof lights but nothing at the courtesy door light ? Any ideas

What's the full story....

When you say replace, what do you mean? New bulbs? New light fittings? Why? Did the old ones work? Etc.... :)

Are there other switches on overhead internal lights, whereby they can be switched off, so that the courtesy light pillar switch doesn't come into operation ?

Hi, I replaced the (dummy) red courtesy light cover that didn’t have any globes in them with new lights that have electrical wiring and globes, the two wires (red & blue) connecting lights run through pillar that are plugged into a connector in foot well, though when I unplugged connector socket the pins do not have power to them, I checked this with a test light. Maybe an auto electrician or I take back to Toyota dealer.

Attachments

• 1981A64D-3D21-4881-83EF-1AF8C9339BE8.jpeg
    1981A64D-3D21-4881-83EF-1AF8C9339BE8.jpeg
    467.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 44DD5A02-4054-404B-9760-36055FB6D322.jpeg
    44DD5A02-4054-404B-9760-36055FB6D322.jpeg
    185.8 KB · Views: 30
It could be a bare, worn or chewed wire. Maybe check to see if the plug is the problem. If not any of these, I am sorry and I hope you get it fixed soon.

Hi, I replaced the (dummy) red courtesy light cover that didn’t have any globes in them with new lights that have electrical wiring and globes, the two wires (red & blue) connecting lights run through pillar that are plugged into a connector in foot well, though when I unplugged connector socket the pins do not have power to them, I checked this with a test light. Maybe an auto electrician or I take back to Toyota dealer.
Hi PJ, I too have the same issue did you get it sorted out? Appreciate any feedback.
Thanks

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back