Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Crash!

Landcruising

Hi all,

My dearest wife had an encounter with a bollard today. Thankfully she was fine, not so thankfully my 125 was not so fine:

IMG_1527.jpeg

Thankfully, it seems to have only crumpled that section of the front bumper. But the catch is, I live in Africa, and parts are really hard to get. Is this an easy replacement part to get in the UK and import?

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks

Rich

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-09-22 at 16.45.36.png
    Screen Shot 2015-09-22 at 16.45.36.png
    182.8 KB · Views: 153
Similar happened to my 95 front bumper - I simply removed it and placed it on the ground with the outside facing down and poured a couple of kettles of boiling water into resulting "container". A few seconds to heat up and it simply reformed into the original shape. I've learnt to live with the surface scratches but you could easily refinish and repaint if necessary.

+1 on the heat gun but gently does it. I had the same on my rear bumper. Tried taking it off then thought to do it in situ. The fixings gave me something to push against and it's pretty reasonable for shape now, less a bit of paint. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442944534.707586.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Use a heatgun. I pulled a dent like that out of a car of mine. Ok, paint had not cracked but it was really caved in.
One mistake I did make was let it get too warm and malleable and I ended up pushing it too far out. It goes soft really quickly so slow heat, keep waving.

Same happened to mine Crispin, it goes all of a sudden. Mine was pretty well dented in when I did it, almost like that shown in post 1 (sorry, probably shouldn't mention 'post' for a while)…[emoji11]

Oh, and wear some gloves or push it with an old rag made into a bun as it gets rather hot.

Last edited:
That was a good point - a towel worked best as it spread the pressure about so did not leave outward dents.

Back