Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

cruiser 100 suspension flashing off! tundra engine swap done

Gavts115

hi bit new to this but here goes. bit of info on my experiance with these. I am a Machanic my self and have a costomer with 2 100's and one my self all three are v8, on gas and are ace! I have just put a second hand engine in my customers 1999 one.
I got the engine delivered from the states with 6 months million mile warrenty and only 42,000 miles on for £1800 deliverd. the engine came out of a tundra and fit reasonably easy. so do have lots of v8 spare parts if any one is interested.
My costomers 2002 one has got a problem with the suspension and im a bit stuck with what to do. he says it has been playing up for a while by sometimes dropping to the bottom so hes just presses the up button lets it go to the top then its fine for a bit but the other day he did this and it stuck at the top and now just flashes off and wont move.
I have tried swapping all 3 hight sensors off my cruiser and nothing changed. i was wondering is the any kind of callibration that has to be done? could it be the spheres and how can you tell? or i have herd there is part of the loom thats goes. which part is this so i can check. Also how do you blink test it? Any help would be much appreciated.
Regards Gavin

Re: cruiser 100 suspension flashing off! tundra engine swap

AHC behaviour sounds like bad sensors, but, since you have changed them all, might be the loom then. I've heard about the connection to the rear sensor going bad. Also heard about a t0yota dealer that changed the loom to the rear, only to find out it was the sensor after all....

Calibration, - well, depends. The difference between the voltages from the two front sensors have to be within a certain limit, otherwise it will just not move. It's a simple system: In "normal" (N) height it just adjusts the ahc pressure until the voltage from the slider in the sensor is half of the supplied voltage. Supply voltage is 5 v, so 2.5 means height=N.

Bad spheres will not affect the height control.

Blink testing is another episode. And there is also the Active Test on the earlier models, I think it was discontinued from Aug 2002 production (or was it Aug 2001?).

For A.T., see posts 70/71 of this thread: http://forum.ih8mud.com/100-series-crui ... fluid.html

managed to blick test it today now does any one know what they meen? i got code 36 and 64. cheers

Gavts115 said:
managed to blick test it today now does any one know what they meen? i got code 36 and 64. cheers
36 = Open or short circuit in accumulator solenoid circuit. Trouble area: Accumulator solenoid, Accumulator solenoid circuit, Suspension control ECU.

64 = Fluid pressure malfunction (Accumulator valve does not open). Trouble area: Height control accumulator, Height control accumulator valve circuit, Fluid pressure sensor, fluid clog in the fluid line or each solenoid valve.

Have a look at the repair manual in the diagnostics section, much more information about the codes ;)

I would first check the wiring to the mentioned accumulator.

"Accumulator" in t0yo lingo is the cylindrical accumulator mounted on the left frame rail. Just inside the frame rail, at the front of that accumulator is the ahc Valve Body. The wiring to the accumulator is bundled with the valve body cabling. IIRC, there is a plug for the accumulator coming off the loom just next to the plug for the valve body.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

quick update i now know how to test the solenoid and half understand how it all works now. so will test tomorrow.
i started it up yesterday and its now decided not to rev! its coming up with code P2118 Throttle actuator control motor current range/perf. Any ideas??? surley its not related to the ahc?? the fellas other 1999 cruiser did the same but a new batt fixed that and that was part convetional part electric this one is completely electric. why doesnt the manual on the link above cover the engine? god i hate electrics :evil: ill built a tractor gearbox any day, give me wire n im nakerd!:lol:
Cheers guys

Gavts115 said:
why doesnt the manual on the link above cover the engine?
Because there's a seperate manual for the engine ;) The throttle control sensors do seem to be a bit short lived. What went wrong with the engine that you swapped out?

If there is a connection between the two problems, it could be grounding. Have you checked the grounding of the engine?
(on the 1HD there are three points)

:D :clap: iv fixed it! broken wire. wire in the left rear loom inbetween the big multiplug just inside the left rear wheel arch and the acumalater solinoid. just got the throttle to sort now. :?

throttle was just a fuse phew!! all done now. About the engine i swapped, the old one had overheated some how not sure what he did but it burnt 3 valves out nakered a lot of the seats and cracked a liner! it just wasnt worth fixing there ten a penny in the states so just got one shipped for about 700 quid with 36000 miles on with 6 months warrenty. there was just the sump, engine mounts, Exhaust manifolds and the odd sensor to swap and it dropped in (new cam belt, water pump, thermostat, plugs, oil, air, fuel, filter ECT of coarse). the good thing about doing the sump was you get to have a good look inside and see it had defo only done a few thousand miles. so iv now got lots of spare 2uz-fe spares ;) thanks again guys

Good that you got it all sorted :thumbup: I have a spare headless block with all the other ancillaries so I keep an eye out for a set of ok heads :)

i found a few headless blocks for sale when looking for an engine but never any heads. i know where you can get some from tho! go on ebay.com not co.uk you only need your uk username - password and just search 2uz-fe heads and loads come up! send a few an email asking if theyl ship to england or offer to get them shipped your self and bobs your aunti! :D prob best to ship them seperatly then its two light parcels which will be cheaper. im sure i saw some reconditioned ones for about £70 each a few months ago! my heads arnt scrap but they quoted £950 to sort them out!! because they have to be shimmed and you have to buy a full set to do them apparently!

Thanks for the pointers. I'm not looking very hard for heads as I don't need a spare engine at the moment but it can't hurt to keep a look out just in case :) If you do decide to scrap yours keep me in mind ;)

Back