Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

d4d will not start

snowdover

my 2008 d4d 3L landcruiser failed to start for no apparent reason. engine management light will not go out. what is the most lightly cause? was driving fine before i parked it

If the engine management light is on then getting the fault code should point you in the right direction and will be the best place to start. You either need to plug in a Toyota hand controller (dealer), OBD code reader or there are manual methods if you're comfortable with sticking bits of wire into the diagnostic connector to short pins and have the EM light flash the code to you.

Two weeks ago I had similar problem. The cause was damadged Alternator. In result both batteries were drained and the starter couldn't spin.

Other thing - if you parked the vehicle outside in cold weather for a bit long period - due to bad fuel (maybe containing water) it might cought ice near high pressure pump or fuel filter. Try to warm them by pouring hot water over and around them. If it starts immediately - here's your problem. I assume changing fuel filter and take a sample from the fuel in your tank and inspect it.

Back