Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lc5 has no power after start up

takawiwi

Country Flag
zimbabwe
I recently bought a 2007 LC5 with a 3.0L D4D engine. Prior to purchase i had a mechanic check the vehicle and he said the vehicle probably needed a minor service so he did the oils and filters the first week i had it. 3 weeks later i am having a very strange phenomena.

1. My car starts and immediately there is an engine check light. The revs do not go up and it has no power. However once the temperature has gone up to just below the squiggly lines for the coolant i I switch off the engine and restart it. The engine check light is gone and the vehicle will rev and has power.

2. When i was on the highway yesterday i wanted to overtake a truck so i flat footed the car and as i was halfway overtaking around 3000rpm the engine switched off and the engine check light came back on. I parked by the the roadside switched the key off and turned engine on once again and the engine roared back to life, this time i went home and didn't dare go above the 2500rpm mark.

When we put it on a machine today for fault codes, the code P1229 (fuel pump system) came on as well as a code for immobilizer (I'm forgetting the code)

What could be the issue.

Immobiliser - has the car been standing - they are sensitive to battery voltage

P1229 - look at live data and see what the fuel pressure is. What kind of SCV have you got? (Search the forum if that makes no sense!)

The mrs 1kd does something vaguely similar when the EGR blocks up , invariably she informs me an hour before she needs the truck so i pop down to Halfords and squirt a can of Wynns egr cleaner into it and its good for another year .

Caution one little squirt at a time and let the revs drop again before the next squirt , takes about 10 minutes to empty the little can .

I was thinking scv and/or maf
Or just fuel filter (?)

Maybe a vacuum pipe ?

The mrs has been complaining about an engine light and loss of power in her 1kd but the light is always out when she gets home .

In short it was water in the fuel filter diagnosed by the chance mention that she filled up at the same Texaco fuel station that caused the same problem in our daughter's car a few months back .

Back