Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

De Tango'd Indicators

Umar

Country Flag
uk
I've been wanting to fit facelift crystal type indicators to my collie but unfortunately they cannot be fitted to preface lift headlights or in my case the prado import headlight surrounds as the bottom clips are different on the indicator between the two variants. I never did like the orange in the indicator so I've ended up removing this.

The indicator is a sealed unit and I did not want to take it apart as i might not have been able to reseal it as good and also as the lens is plastic so any excessive pressure to prise it apart could have cracked the lens.

Inside the lens there is an amber bulb cover which is held on with one screw. With the lens removed the cover would simply unscrew from the inside of the light but as i did not remove the lens I removed it using a dremel type tool which takes a bit longer but does work.

CFAE1046-25D9-407C-9E73-8EE3C7F080D5_zpssht6zl19.jpg

Ive got an attachment which allows you to work in confined spaces but even without the attachment you should still be able to do this just with the dremel.

1CA942DF-AB28-428D-98F9-2FEA60FA98F6_zpsh1snicr7.jpg

With a small cutting disc attached cut from the very furthest end first and the idea is to cut a series of rings to remove the material. The plastic is quite hard and there is very little room so you cannot just easily break it in there and just empty the bits. What you will end up with is a series or rings which will drop into the light but as thin rings you can just pull the rings out with your finger as the plastic will flex a lot more.

5624C35C-F446-4F55-9FCE-A3644BA3CF0A_zpsvl6nonhs.jpg

9280B648-A41F-4E22-BD8F-8DA8D2B0FDA8_zps2ejguzmr.jpg

By the time you have reached the very top, on the backing part of the light there is a small protruding part of plastic this is basically the material the screw holding the amber bulb cover screws into from the inside, I just attacked it with the cutting disc and the screw just dropped in the light.

There is also a lot of plastic dust so I washed the lamp out, overall it's made a big difference as the White plastic gives a newer touch, I've used Amber bulbs for now but got some of those silver type ones on order which should look much better.

465F69A9-6322-47B2-A321-CA844AD35061_zps8tikajur.jpg

BF10495B-7FA5-4A49-A8C1-303029AF926C_zpsyf1bf8me.jpg

Nice mod, makes the front more modern.

Good job there Umar looks a lot newer,them wheels look well buddy what are they off or what make please

Looking good Umar when did you fit the prado lights , i never could decide which look best on 90's .

Not sure about them wheels though i really do think you would be better off selling them to me :shifty:

And i wish people would stop washing their trucks its making me feel guilty :whistle:

Good job there Umar looks a lot newer,them wheels look well buddy what are they off or what make please

Thanks pal they are Raguna 16" splits same size and offset as the Lc 80 wheels.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looking good Umar when did you fit the prado lights , i never could decide which look best on 90's .

Not sure about them wheels though i really do think you would be better off selling them to me :shifty:

And i wish people would stop washing their trucks its making me feel guilty :whistle:

thanks Shayne, the prado lights was the first mod I did as I've always had a thing for round lights on 4x4's I still need to create a proper build thread but only got access on my phone so it's a bit difficult, hopefully I will get round to this soon.

Also you can buy the wheels with the truck if I ever decided to sell it and add it to your fleet of black swb's

Also you can buy the wheels with the truck if I ever decided to sell it and add it to your fleet of black swb's

I would have 3 black 90's now if only i had the space :icon-rolleyes: my lights will all be black soon with angel eyes and tint . May i suggest a square number plate and some black mesh in the bumper might look good .

Back