Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Defecting from Toyota

They can be had for not a lot of cash considering the spec and the the cost of a new one. Great engine. Like any vehicle they can have problems but repair bills can be biblical. If you haven't already, have a look on the forums for issues and running costs. You don't say if it's a auto or manual but a clutch change is an engine out job apparently. You obviously know it's history so if you're certain it's a good one and you really want it then go for it but, in your shoes, I would purchase a comprehensive warranty no matter how much it costs. JMO

yeah ive already armed myself through the forums. its an auto and the main problem if it goes wrong is the valve chest in the auto sump. and the usual DPF's and egr's
ive looked at the vag-com software so i can sort out any codes etc, even need it to change disc and pads lol

all other recalls have been done and m uncles just had it serviced, four new tyres on it, new discs and pads and the wheels refurbed too. Good ole Uncle:clap:

Last edited:
Nope…still not envious…not at all…

Well maybe a bit…

Bugger! Now I want a 100……even more than I wanted one before!! Still can't afford another cruiser that Lynn won't drive! [emoji20]

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Now I'd like a go in that,it's a lovely colour

Start saving for a set of tyres.... then when fitted, start saving for another set :icon-biggrin:

Start saving for a set of tyres.... then when fitted, start saving for another set :icon-biggrin:

Yes i have been looking at the prices of the rubber bands they call tyres. :wtf:

ive also looked at another set of alloys in 19" and you can get the general grabber AT's in that size or winter tyres. damn im on this slippery slope again:lol:

Great vid, but somehow I just can't imagine drifting my 80 like that! It slides on mud ok though...:whistle:

The 100 has proved itself (and its IFS) worthy over the years, and the 105 has continued with the ruggedness of the solid front axle. Horses for courses.

What disappoints me about the 100 is the unreliability of the AHV or AVH or whatever it's called. Suspension on a big 4x4 like it is should be the toughest link, not the weakest. I'm sure it performs well when in good condition, it's just sad that it must always be considered when buying an older truck, which it is these days.

Great vid, but somehow I just can't imagine drifting my 80 like that! It slides on mud ok though...:whistle:

The 100 has proved itself (and its IFS) worthy over the years, and the 105 has continued with the ruggedness of the solid front axle. Horses for courses.

What disappoints me about the 100 is the unreliability of the AHV or AVH or whatever it's called. Suspension on a big 4x4 like it is should be the toughest link, not the weakest. I'm sure it performs well when in good condition, it's just sad that it must always be considered when buying an older truck, which it is these days.

Best thing to do is to rip it out in my view - it is unreliable, expensive to fix. It was ripped out of mine when i got it, but i understand that when it works it is a pretty good levelling system etc. However, I've also heard that when fully loaded the truck will not get to full off-road height setting......and for mine at near full GVW it would never stand a chance. I've probably sacrificed some comfort and maybe some poise, but got rid of the weakest link. A lot of the 4x4 marques have had trouble with these systems.....it shouldn't be beyond the wit of man to design something that works consistently

Best thing to do is to rip it out in my view - it is unreliable, expensive to fix. It was ripped out of mine when i got it, but i understand that when it works it is a pretty good levelling system etc. However, I've also heard that when fully loaded the truck will not get to full off-road height setting......and for mine at near full GVW it would never stand a chance. I've probably sacrificed some comfort and maybe some poise, but got rid of the weakest link. A lot of the 4x4 marques have had trouble with these systems.....it shouldn't be beyond the wit of man to design something that works consistently

I'll just stay with my good 'ol 80 Steve... Drift or no drift. :whistle:

Back